• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

AT Power Supplies

NeXT

Veteran Member
I wanted to install a Supermicro dual Pentium Pro board in an old NCR 386 case. The board is massive but it is dimension and alignment campatible with the AT form factor. Everything fits but the ram.

DPP_0022.jpg

I'm curious if there were other power supplies that either had a higher lip or were about an inch less in width or if all AT power supplies were simply massive.

Looks about right--I checked 4 of mine and all ere basically the same size with the usual 1.5x2" indentation. Later boxes used ATX-sized PSUs.

An LPX power supply would be a little smaller and the Baby AT power supply could shave off just enough space. I did have an old tower with a power supply that had an L-shaped cover so there might be other modified power supplies out there.

So something like this:

mini-at.gif

Except instead of the BRS you had a cord that ran to a switch on the fornt of the case.
good luck finding something now. I havn't seen another AT case in at least eight months.

So something like this:

mini-at.gif

Except instead of the BRS you had a cord that ran to a switch on the fornt of the case.
good luck finding something now. I havn't seen another AT case in at least eight months.
I just saw 5 or 10 of these (like the above pic) power supplies on eBay. And I have one that I'm not using that works fine if you're interested in that. It 6.5" x 6" x 6".

I'll be intersted in yours if you care to PM me. The ones you listed were all either horribly expensive or had the BRS.
Like I said in my previous post, both the links I provided and the one I have look exactly like the pic you posted. It's kinda counterproductive to post a pic of something you're specifically not looking for when there are so many variations out there. Post a pic of what you're looking for want if you want to be helpful. :)

Sorry.
Uh, I was referring to the 6.5" x 6" x 6" one you supposedly wern't using, which I assume is close to the one I pictured.

Yes, I think it's nearly identical, but it has the BRS that you said you don't want. Now I'm even more confused. :)
YOU're confused? ;-)

I didn't even realize till now that he actually wants one; thought he was just "curious" about AT power supplies in general. Coulda just said "I'm looking for a PS, remote on/off switch, dimensions X,Y,Z...

Leave it with ya; not in the mood for digging through my boxes of XT/AT supplies and testing, etc.

Stone's BabyAT power supply arrived.

DPP_0036-1.jpg

Indeed, the case has no problem fitting it. In fact, there is a non-painted square inside the case that covers exactly the same space as the new PSU.

DPP_0037-1.jpg

Back