• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Duel Boot Help Needed

leo1954au

I've been trying to set up a system with Dos 6.22 and windows 95 on it and all works good until I install the dos drivers for my SB16 then the computer stops when it gets to Updating ESCD, I know it must have something to do with the install of the SB dos drivers but cannot figure out why because they are the correct drivers for a SB CT2770 card that I downloaded strait of the creative web site.

Hope someone can help with this as I know some of my old games like to be run in pure Dos not the win 95 dos prompt.

thanks

Ok thanks I will look into this further, Strange thing is all seems to work perfect until I install the dos drivers but I do have another ESS ISA sound card so I will give that a try instead of the sound blaster

Leo:

If you really want to run WIN95 & DOS (6.22 or what ever) on the same machine without having to jump through hoops, you may want to give System Commander, a formidable dual-boot utility a look-see (http://www.rakuten.com/prod/system-commander-9-0-professional/223145213.html?listingId=150358216). I've used System Commander and Partition Commander for over 20 years without a hitch. My favorite setup trick is to use multiple HD's for whatever system I want to run. Note: If you decide to uninstall System Commander you will need to run FDISK /MBR to return your boot HD to its normal start-up parameters. Good luck!

Last edited:
I just decided to skip using win 95 and dragged my box version of win 3.11 off the shelf and use that instead and haven't had any problems getting the SB working in Dos 6.22 and windows, Don't know why it played up every time I installed the Dos SB drivers and win 95 but it's working good now including the CD-Rom.

Came across this game site for buying the old games that work on XP, Vista and Windows 7, I brought Under A Killing Moon and they have repacked it to fit a DVD and works great on my win 7 machine

http://www.gog.com/

Back