• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

URGENT: Lot of 13-17 Toshiba Txxx series luggables/laptops

pwestern

Posting the first time here, so I would like to say hello to everyone.

I've been recently working for a computer company that wants to clear out their warehouse. During the cleanup I saw some old Toshiba laptops (or rather luggables):

T5200/100
T6400SXC - 3 of these
T3100e/40 - 2 of these
T3100/20
T2100
T3200
T3100SX
T5100
T3100e
T5100
(and maybe 4 more, but not sure)

I think they might let me collect them, but since I don't really have much space, I think somebody here might be interested in them. Any offers welcome in the replies below or PM.. Take the whole lot or just some of them. I'm located in London, UK, HA0. I don't have much experience shipping items of this size, so I would welcome any hints.

There's a catch - I can only collect them today by 6pm. After that, I won't be able to get them. If you want them, please respond as soon as possible.

Forgot to mention: they are in different conditions. Some are like new, some even have boxes, some have their cases' colours affected by long term storage. Can post photos on request.

My suggestion would be to get what you can (the best ones) and try to get rid of them later.

These weigh a ton so shipping to anywhere in Europe would be expensive. Probably about 40-50 pounds per computer.

I don't have much patience for storing and then trying to get rid of these things. I really have no space to store them.

Guys, if anyone wants them, you have only 2 hours before offer ends. If anybody wants these, let me know now. After that, I will be unable to collect them.

Yes, unfortunately. I will probably have to pay to collect them. But really, if anybody wants them I can give them for 30-50 per laptop plus shipping, either all or some of them. (depending on how much they will want me to pay for them).

30 minutes left.

Last edited:
It's a shame but honestly putting money up front for systems without even picture, as-is, from a first time poster is just too much of a risk. Too bad you had such a narrow time-frame otherwise maybe something could've been worked out.

Ugh I would've paid $40US + shipping just for one of their floppy drives :(
Only just spotted this post. Sad they're gone.

I agree, it's such a shame, more effort should have been made to keep the systems for a week at least. i would have made the space someplace and parted them out as needed. The money you would have paid for the pile of them, would have easily been made up. So what of them now? The scrapper?

Maybe it was just a scam anyway; considering that he could probably have made a nice little profit aside from making some folks happy, he sure didn't go about it very well.

I'd be curious to know that kind of place this was where one would have to pay for old stuff being cleared out of a warehouse?

that's dumb. Holding onto something for all of those years then wham has to go NOW. ??? You could have sold these on ebay for maybe $30 apiece on avg with just one picture and display of the boot screen (working or not). Especially things like a 3200. Spidey Senses tell me something is wrong here.

that's dumb. Holding onto something for all of those years then wham has to go NOW. ??? You could have sold these on ebay for maybe $30 apiece on avg with just one picture and display of the boot screen (working or not). Especially things like a 3200. Spidey Senses tell me something is wrong here.

He wanted at least £30 per machine. That's about $46, for all you 'mericans.

Like somebody else said......too much risk for it to be worthwhile.

It does sound fishy, No one is going to put up a "substantial" amount of money for goods under those circumstances, Maybe the OP just totally went about it the wrong way, Shame if it was above board though.

Spidey Senses tell me something is wrong here.

He wanted at least £30 per machine. That's about $46, for all you 'mericans.

Like somebody else said......too much risk for it to be worthwhile.

Sorry, I did not realize he set a price. That plus shipping is too high. Most Toshiba laptops that I have seen don't work fully, you'd expect to need to do a lot more.

Back