• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

SIMMs, SIMMs, SIMMs...

Stone

10k Member
I've got some SIMMs to offer for sale. All have been tested and are working.

30 pin:

256K, 1MB and 4MB

72 pin:

4MB, 8MB and 16MB

I've also got a couple of SIMM Savers. These make use of four or eight 30 pin SIMMs in one 72 pin slot.

If you're interested in any of these lemme know specifically what you're looking for and I'll let you know just what I've got.

How many 4MB parity 30pins you got? I have a 486 board on the way that only takes 30pin parity (high end stuff can be annoying).

Looking for 8MB or 4MB 72 pin, parity 80ns. LMK if you might have any.

I have one Toshiba THM362020ASG-80 8MB 72 Pin SIMM and one Motorola MCM36200ASG70.

I also have lots of 4MB 72 Pin SIMMs and some other 8MB and 16MB but I think they're all non-parity.

Do SIMM savers 'care' about whether the SIMMs are parity or not?

I don't know for sure but I've got a couple of 30 pin SIMM savers that take four and eight respectively and mount them in one 72 pin slot. I know these work with parity. But the manual is ambiguous, mentioning 8-bit SIMMs in the instructions and 9-bit SIMMs combinations table. But it's basically just a rewiring device so I'd think that either would work. Interested?

The 4MB SIMMs I have are 70 ns. What can you use two in that requires 60 ns? I've been using these in my 486DX2-66. A 386SX could use two but they wouldn't need to be 60 ns.

In one place the docs say 60, in another they say 70. Both are probably really optimistic. 70's will surely work.

Mike

Edit: further research says that 70's absolutely won't work. And they must be 60ns 9-chip SIMMs. Source: Tvdog.

Last edited:
Back