• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Deluxe Option Board

Once here I got into a problem with a member,
and never got it resolved.
What is a good suggestion for completing a transaction here?
I can mail the item, but how do I get payment?

Looking for suggestions from experienced folks.

Yeah technically paypal while it does take some money out of the profit has buyer/seller protection aspects that can be beneficial for both parties if their reputation isn't yet known.

Your Profile conveniently holds that info so you don't have to mention it every time you post a message. :)
I guess some people are just too ashamed to say where they live, or maybe they just like getting all those extra posts having to ask them... ;-)

Well, I used to post the coordinates of where I lived, but people thought that was ridiculous. I thought it would show them precisely where I lived.

Sigh. You can't please everyone.

I still liked a poster here who I was buying something from but still wanted to do my diligence and see where they were, etc. Street view of course (again, not that it'd make or break a sale but at least I know the address is legit if doing a non-paypal transaction which this was). Looked at their house and their mailbox was the shape of an IBM XT with monitor. From there I knew the sale would be fine. ;-)

Back on topic though the address/location question is really just for checking if they're in a drivable distance. State may not be enough but was certainly enough for some of us to know it'd be $xx or $xxx to ship or those in the state can PM and find if they're a match :) This card isn't an issue of course since it's nice and shippable.

Some reminders:

• Do not post a reply in public thread to tell people that you have sent a private message. The forum software will tell the recipient and the rest of us do not care.
  • Transactions between members are private affairs; this forum takes no responsibility for bad things that people might do. Buyer and seller beware.

Correct but also using the gift choice I believe you lose any buyer protection paypal might offer otherwise. Good if ya know the seller or think you do :)

Back