• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Truevision ATVista driver? Where to get Targa video suites.

rmay635703

Veteran Member
One fellow member generously sold me a golden original ATVista Targa video capture device.

Now the problem, making it work.

I am looking for the final graphics packages for the card but they don't seem to be in the normal places.

My goal is to get this running under a pentium in either Windows 9x or Windows 2k :0

I have read that the last graphics suite had NT4 drivers that would work with this card and can be made to work under 2k or even XP with a few limitations, I am not sure if that is true but if anyone can provide me a place to download ANY windows drivers and capture programs it would be appreciated.

I actually plan on using this with a vintage computer system at a fair we do once a year and would like to be able to use something other than a 20 year old Wax thermal printer. This card is ideal for the job but to be of any use I would need windows based utilities, I would consider dos based but that might make it much more difficult to get the images captured, manipulated and printed, especially if I am stuck in real mode.

Thank You
Ryan May

Well, oddly enough
http://sourceforge.net/projects/worldvista/files/

Anyone willing to dig through to find the Vista imaging system software?

Its an open source effort for hospitals to perform imaging, versions through 2002 supported the Truevision ATVista (possibily later).

I am terrible at digging, anyone here want to find it?

We could all benefit by using .0001% of the capability of the program to capture images.

Right now it is deployed around the world, sadly it requires a lot of modules to get running and is somewhat complex.

Cheers
Ryan

What on earth makes you think this sourceforge project has anything whatsoever to do with the Truevision ATVista?

What on earth makes you think this sourceforge project has anything whatsoever to do with the Truevision ATVista?

The "medical imaging" portion of the software lists the truevision ATVista as a video source (aka in the documentation/manual)

I will dig again when I have more time, it was in the "Vista" medical imaging pdf user manual on the Veterine agency website that overseas Vista/OpenVista/WorldVista which are all mostly open source programs that non-profits/hospitals and the VA can use.

Back