• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Microchess for the KIM-1

snuci

Veteran Member
There's a recent eBay auction for a copy of "Microchess for the KIM-1". With 1+ hour left, it's going for a little more than I was willing to spend. I have, what I think is, the first version of the booklet and would liked to have added this version to the collection just for kicks. Having laid claim to being the first commercial game to be sold for "personal computer hobbyists", I'm guessing this is collectible for others too? http://www.ebay.ca/itm/351067679087

Sold for US $77.32

I have a copy of the Microchess booklet that is probably the same version as that one. Yellow covers and 36 pages. I only paid $12 for it, including shipping, but that was 11 years ago. I must have had a copy I bought new back in the late 1970's when I spent some time playing it on my KIM-1 setup at the time. One of the decisions I regret is trading in all of my KIM-1 gear at a local dealer towards an Apple II+ when they came out.

Just checked my copy. It has 12 pages plus the 16 page program listing in the booklet. As on the webpage, that is what's on page 12 of my booklet. It also says "Microchess is available on KIM cassette for $5.00" printed on the inside front cover so it must not be an early printing because it stated that the cassette came later. Oh well. It's still pretty cool.

I haven't really looked on the net. Are there full scans of either or both versions of these booklets on the net somewhere?

Back