• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Ebay rant (horrible shippers)

offensive_Jerk

Veteran Member
Don't people have any common sense??? What's with all of these idiots on ebay lately?
Not even one piece of packing material save an empty priority box. And he just sandwiches a heavy MFM drive in between the motherboards..

I'm surprised it's not all in tiny pieces.

14182046488_423e366df2_b.jpg

14365340611_34e3ddf5b2_b.jpg

14368673115_607613eebd_b.jpg

14182036109_11389ce186_b.jpg

I hate to see your purchase treated like that... some would have gone the other route with plastic bags and styrofoam balls... no ESD bags..
ok.. so twice in a month i have done the following:
if I estimate the shipper earned $36 after shipping, but packaged my stuff poorly (but is not overly damaged enough -- I do still want to keep it) I ask for an $18 refund based on my $36 profit estimate.
Another recent shipping of a damaged printer lid -- I requested all $9 back, for a huge printer ($30 shipping). It had a cracked window due to stacking things on top.. since it was a $9 item.. i asked for all $9 back since the cracked part cannot be replaced.. i got no hassle from either seller.
i really wished both items would have just arrived undamaged, though.

I hate to see your purchase treated like that... some would have gone the other route with plastic bags and styrofoam balls... no ESD bags..
ok.. so twice in a month i have done the following:
if I estimate the shipper earned $36 after shipping, but packaged my stuff poorly (but is not overly damaged enough -- I do still want to keep it) I ask for an $18 refund based on my $36 profit estimate.
Another recent shipping of a damaged printer lid -- I requested all $9 back, for a huge printer ($30 shipping). It had a cracked window due to stacking things on top.. since it was a $9 item.. i asked for all $9 back since the cracked part cannot be replaced.. i got no hassle from either seller.
i really wished both items would have just arrived undamaged, though.

This was a dollar and about $30 shipping. What would you do for that.

We also need to veiw the listing. The bios chip pins on that mobo are bent but the damage may well have been done prior to packing.

Last edited:
For that sort of dosh I think you did pretty well. Maybe a layer of cardboard between components but not much else.
You probably bought as-is untested, but the seller has responsibility to pack accordingly unless described in the listing as no padding. I would contact the seller, choose not as described, and ask for a fair $9 so neither of you need to fuss about who pays for the return. If everything was tested with a return upon doa, I would ask for $16or more. .

This was all sold as untested. If they all didn't work, that would have been fine, as it was my gamble. But, it just really enraged me opening the box and seeing absolutely ZERO care taken in shipping, and then seeing a board with a BIOS chip all bent up. It fell right out of the socket.

I didn't even finish going through the box until a little while ago, since I was so disgusted. I didn't go over everything with a close look but there was some more damage I found.

I didn't look at the floppy drives yet.

This is worse than the pictures show, I doubt the memory will be able to snap in here anymore. They are all cracked at the posts.

14368528502_b5af78a5e7_b.jpg

14370003165_059bbc9773_b.jpg

Well, the seller apologized and offered to refund money if I returned it. At least he's not bat sh!t insane like the other sellers I've encountered as of late. He says he didn't pack that item.

The thing is, I don't want to pay to return the items. I'll see if he'll do a partial refund.

If He is a regular seller with 100% score he is under pressure to keep that score. . He knows you won't ship $1 product for$30 (again). Keep at it for $16 refund.. Our more. He may not have packed it, but he is responsible for properly packing YOUR goods. . Keep at it. .

Last edited:
Back