• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

eBay screws over sellers again

bidding doesn't stop at a fixed time, but rather after a fixed time after the last bid). It's a subtle change, but would mean potentially more opportunity (ie. money) for sellers.

There was a site that worked that way.
I used it ONCE.
After an auction dragged on for SIX HOURS after it was supposed to end thanks to someone putting in a minimum increase just before it would end, I never went back.

Yahoo! auctions worked that way. I think Excite did as well. I don't remember onSale, but generally it was worth the trouble--they had interesting stuff.

I wish I had the money and experience to make an eBay competitor. I could make a metric shitton of money.
Epier was functionally just as good or better than ebay (less bandwidth, simple to the point) But very few buyers would use their service, without enough eyeballs you will have lots of sellers but noone to buy it.

I got no problem with that considering some of the times I bought something from China I ended up getting burned because it might be pennies for them but I gotta pay $20 to send it back.
For everyone else, you better quit wasting your time with fancy looking listings and just describe the damn thing, along with taking proper photographs and packing it well. You know, the stuff you should be doing anyways.

These people are scum anyways.

Oh, shut up.

Well if CHINA is the problem perhaps their policy should only apply to china (AKA foreign sellers)

Proper photographs and packing aren't the issue on 99% of the items, its usually dicks who are wishy washy and didn't really want to bid what they did.

Hence why I won't use ebay unless I am forced to.

Ebay has sucked since about 2005 when all the changes started and it got so flooded with useless crap that individuals don't stand a chance for their listings to be seen, let alone bid on.

Ah well.

As a buyer ebay has been fine for me, except for their screwing up the search function.

There are other places to sell off computer related items. Heck if the hobby grows much more there might even be a viable alternative for ebay.

As a buyer ebay has been fine for me, except for their screwing up the search function.

People who don't sell much (like me) get their listings put down to the bottom most of the time due to the detailed feedback, of which I have none, although everything else is all positive.

I too have had OK luck buying (with a couple exceptions over the last 15 years), its just the selling side that has gotten more and more irritating.

Any more I only use ebay when I simply can't find what I need any other way, if I could buy the stuff outside ebay I would but no dice, the stuff I am looking for is too specific.

Also the fact that you need so much power to even be able to get the listing process to start is good reason not to use ebay as a seller.

Ah well.

Back