• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Half life and UT 99 control issues

dassark

Experienced Member
Every time I start these games. The character starts to spin, uncontrollably and I can't move them at all. I've made sure that there are no controllers. only the mouse and keyboard. I've tried fresh installs and restarting the computer. Nothing helps, The character spins and spins, Dose anyone know what may be causing this.

Which operating system are you using? There is a report of this happening to someone using Vista Home Premium 32-bit, SP2. The first thing I would try is turning down the mouse sensitivity, first on the OS, and if it works, turn it down in the game and back up in the OS. If there IS a setting for mouse sensitivity in Half-Life, I haven't checked. :) Another forum had this as a suggestion - "Go into "Device Manager" and expand the "Human Interface Devices." I scrolled down to "HID-compliant game controller" and Disabled it. "

Last edited:
Never had this issue before. What OS you using?

I could suggest turning off mouse acceleration, and as Gotta said, look into the sensitivity settings. If that fails, look into the drivers for the mouse.

Back