• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Pile of SGI INDYs

Tor

Veteran Member
At work we have some eight or nine SGI Indy pizza boxes which are going to get dumped. I'm going to keep one for myself for spare parts for the one I already have. I'm allowed to ebay the rest if I wish to, but then I will have to also manually clean out the disk of each of them - not the OS, just the company stuff (although these haven't been used for a decade or more, so this is old stuff). I'm not sure if that is worth the effort - is there any interest in SGI Indy boxes? (No CRT or keyboard btw)

-Tor

Well they are good starter boxes for people who want a taste of an SGI, plus they don't need special monitors or keyboards to work.

Yeah the very nice part is they use regular ps/2 connections so great intro to Irix and SGI for folks. I'm not sure of the value they fetch though. The most difficult thing I had was finding an OS for them which blew most of my play time I could have had so that'd be awesome if you had a nice "secure" erase utility. Otherwise you may just play it safe and wipe or remove the drives prior to sale (less fun for the end user though). I can't speak too much though, I already have a small collection of them myself.

id be interested in one depending on postage to the UK , i guess from norway it wouldnt be so bad ?

Back