• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Plantron 286 Computer

gnallkoff

Hi Folks,
I am looking for a Manual of a Plantron 286 Mainboard. The Bios is manufactored by American Megatrends released at July 1987. Somebody can help?
best regards Joe

Can't help with the manual, but what's the problem you're having?

Most of these old units can be configured with a generic setup program like GSETUP.

Provide a couple of pictures of the motherboard and there is a good chance to recognize another use of an identical motherboard which happens to have documentation. That would cover any issues with jumpers and switches.

Having no serious Problem, the board is running well so far, using MFM Controller 40 Mbyte NEC HDD 5 1/4" & 3 1/2" FD & Trident Color adapter. but I can't use all possibilities. For instance can't use the Turbo Switch (if there is any). Therefore I'm interested in Jumpersettings to get the Optimum out of the board.

Thks for repying Joe

another Question is to upgrade 3 1/2" from 720 KB to 1.44 MB? or ist that fix designed by BIOS ?

Hi Folks,
I did disassemble the Plantron 286 and shot some pics of the Mainboard. I'm still looking for a Manual but if somebody could spare a Co-Processor I would be grateful.
best regards JoeK800_IMG_1316.jpgK800_IMG_1317.JPG

Hi, I'm not at twitter but on Facebook. My FB-Name is : "Fritz Fischer" and the Image is a landscape.
I got experttrace and can run Setup routines myself. Setup does not help with the Jumpersettings.
Have a nice start into the new week
Best regards Joe

Back