• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My stuff

bobba84

Veteran Member
For those who might be interested in seeing what I have at home...

I am ashamed of how I am storing these machines at the moment, but we are having someone stay with us so only have the one spare room for everything. I also have a few Pentium-class machines in the store room at work, and a whole bunch of 80's IBM-compatible software packed away safely in their boxes.

There is also a complete early boxed commodore 64 (it has literally been used 9 times), and an amstrad PC1640 DD with a Tandon 10MB HH drive that I forgot to photograph.

IMG_0445.jpg
Left: My IBM 64-256k 5160 with a WD20 and 384k memory expansion card.
Right: NEC APC IV (8MHz 286 with 640k / 20MEG / EGA), then a 5160 case with a 64-256k 5150 board in it (to keep it safe), then a clone XT with 640k and a slightly sad miniscribe 20meg.

IMG_0446.jpg
My Mac Plus, it boots but once it warms up it reboots constantly, I will replace the caps on the power board when I find the time. Plus a bunch of parts I've picked up.

IMG_0447.jpg
Top Shelf: My Mac SE with dual 800k drives and 20MB internal HDD, it works fine, and an SE/30 with a dead HDD. Bottom Shelf: My other Mac Plus that works, with it's aftermarket 20MB SCSI external drive sitting on top. In front is an ancient valve-driven oscilloscope that has some bad looking caps (I know not to try powering it on and am unsure of what to do with it at present)

IMG_0448.jpg
My work bench. My 5170 that is 90% restored but still a little depressed, and my AMD 486 DX4/100 with 8MB and an 850MB Quantum.

IMG_0449.jpg
A mess that my wife says I need to clean up. The XT case had a turbo clone board that worked until recently but the motherboard has stopped POST'ing. I haven't tried anything past swapping out RAM.

Well, that's my stuff. I have enjoyed the other posts in this section! :)

Bobby.

We're not here to win any contests so no need to be ashamed at all. Nice selection your've got there.

He's just jealous because he lost the last few contents. (totally j/k) Yeah cleanliness is purely optional and probably in the minority for this hobby so thanks for the pics! :)

Is it just me (been meaning to ask this) but why are almost all 5170s missing the front panels? Were they an odd stock configuration or did too many people modify them aftermarket? (yours is one of the few I've seen with both right slots covered).

Is it just me (been meaning to ask this) but why are almost all 5170s missing the front panels? Were they an odd stock configuration or did too many people modify them aftermarket? (yours is one of the few I've seen with both right slots covered).

I've seen a few without them too. Maybe because the original CMI drives all died and half height drives with face plates were cheap? The guy I bought it off says he has it somewhere and will give it to me when he finds it.

I thought I'd add this pic for a bit of fun. I tried out mIRC on the 486 the other day, still works fine! Not so many people online anymore, though.

IMG_1647.jpg

Back