• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: Uk: Recent pc with isa slot

pearce_jj

Veteran Member
To assist with the ongoing development ISA expansion cards, I'm after a working, preferably a small form factor, PC. The requirements are:

• Have been manufactured year 2000 or later
  • Have one or more ISA slots
  • Have a complete case
  • Be a non-industrial model

The working state of HDD and other peripherals is not important, however the machine must POST OK.

Please reply via PM if you have anything suitable!

I think you may be optimistic with post 2000 year and ISA slots?

I have several working 486s but many years earlier than what you want, I binned all the Pentium computers, didn't think anyone wanted them!

Actually they still exist!! Eg: http://www.nixsys.com/products/isacomputers.html?gclid=CNfS_MvRvsMCFUrpwgodvi8A8w

But obviously I don't want to shell out $600 for one :)

You're going to end up with a P4 class MB, probably from China to get something below $100

eBay searches for "P4 ISA" turn up a few.

I have a couple of ITOX boards that I use for floppy reading so I can use the old Adaptec SCSI/Floppy cards.
It is handy to have something modern enough that you can boot DOS off of a USB thumb drive.

Be very careful of boards manufactured with chipsets later than an i440BX. Very often,something ISA, most often DMA, doesn't operate quite right (or at all). So P3 is about the latest CPU you can expect good ISA support for.

Back