• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

B&W DOS Battleship / Submarine game ID

offensive_Jerk

Veteran Member
Trying to find an old game that my Dad's buddy gave him when we first got our PC.
From memory, this game was a black and white style game. It had simple graphics. It was a side view of the ocean and on the top was a battleship, and on the bottom were submarines. I think you were the battleship and you had to drop depth charges on the submarines to blow them up. That's about all there was for it. Even as a kid, I knew this was an older game at the time. It ran fast on our PC with the turbo button pressed in, so it was probably designed for a 5150 class machine.

It looked similar to this but without all the color.
Seawolf_shot1.png

Yes Silent Service would be too recent of a release. Our computer was a 386 withvga but this game would have been published before that. Like I said probably in the early to mid 80s.

Other games I remember playing along with it were Bouncing Babies,arcade volleyball, sopwith,Space Commanders, tapper. He must have gotten a bunch of games from this guy.

Maybe it was even a home brew game that was distributed in BBS.

I think that iam looking for the same game here, that i also have played back in the days..

http://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?p=227398

The closed match i had found was a game called `subchase`. From Jeff levering

Subchase seems very close. I don't think it was a basic game though. Seems slower thank I remember too. Maybe it's the dosbox setting. I'll play it some more and see.
16083909605_11b525e20b_s.jpg

I suspect the game you're after is called Depth Charge put in the Arcade II software compilation by Keypunch Software. I found it today while going through some disks and it was on Electronic Arts Arcade Bonanza Pak II Disk 2. Damn fast on the 286.

Attachments

• IMAG0154.JPG
    IMAG0154.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMAG0156.JPG
    IMAG0156.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back