• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

PC Chips M810LR Motherboard Drivers

Grandcheapskate

Veteran Member
Anyone have the drivers for the PC Chips M810LR motherboard? I was actually able to repair this board but do not have any drivers for the onboard video, sound, etc.

Thanks...Joe

Thanks for the links. I was able to download two things from the first site - a manual and a graphics driver. I need to check them out. Seems a few things are for the Spansih version of Windows, at least that's the way it looks.

The second site kept giving me some type of "reset" message when I got the point of actually trying to download. And I got something from the third site which I need to test.

Joe

Thanks for the links. I was able to download two things from the first site - a manual and a graphics driver. I need to check them out. Seems a few things are for the Spansih version of Windows, at least that's the way it looks.

The second site kept giving me some type of "reset" message when I got the point of actually trying to download. And I got something from the third site which I need to test.

Joe

Try googling the filename that it gives you and you should find the file somewhere else.

Thanks for the help guys.

I was able to get most of the WIN98 drivers from the PCCHIPUSA site, although I seem to have found the english version by accident and not via a search engine. The search engines always seemed to drop me off in a non-english part of that website. But I now have the onboard audio and video working correctly, as well as the add-in modem (which appears to have been packaged with the board).

The only onboard device I cannot get fully working is the ethernet adapter (for which the website had no drivers). In doing some searching, it seems it is a SiS900 adapter and I did find a driver but it's not functioning (little yellow exclamation point). When I check it out in the Network Connections section of the control panel, the address for the adapter shows as "not present". I wonder if that is the cause of the problem. I won't be using this machine for the internet, but would still like to get this adapter fully defined if possible. So the hunt continues.

Try the drivers here, that Asus machine used the same chipset (ethernet drives show up under WinME): http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=8&s=1&m=Terminator+P4+533A&os=3

BTW, those machines were horrible. I got a few at the computer store I used to work at and they were a pain to get working. There is zero driver support for all that SiS integrated crap on anything newer then XP, and some of these machines were still "current" when Vista came out!

I downloaded the WinME LAN driver from that ASUS site but did not try it.

In searching a little more, I found this driver for Win98 (actually, all the OS versions get downloaded):

https://us.driverscollection.com/?H=SiS900&By=SIS&SS=Windows 98

When I tied it, it worked - at least I no longer see any errors. So I have now found the audio, video and ethernet drivers for the board, as well as the modem card driver. I will need to reload the machine from scratch to make sure everything does load cleanly. I have thrown so much stuff in there I need to make sure all the drivers I have are all I need and it was not a combination of various attempts.

This board seem to be very fast using a Duron K7 800 Mhz and 256MB. I was given this board with some others and when I first tried to start it, it sparked and smoked. Upon disassembly I found a capacitor at the bottom of the case. Taking a chance I used an identical capacitor from a dead eMachine board and it actually worked! So the board is a little special to me as the first I ever repaired.

Thanks...Joe

I have one of those boards, it works ok (version 5 I believe). There are quite companies selling the same exact board with different branding.

*** Post updated at the end ***

Well, I reloaded Win98 from scratch and got everything to function on the motherboard, so my drivers are good. There is still one thing which doesn't work and that is the modem. It is on an AMR board (I had to read up a little on AMR slots as I have never seen one before) and while it seems I have the driver for it, it doesn't want to communicate; i.e. it will not respond when tested under the "modem" section of Control Panel.

This motherboard has only one onboard COM port which I can set (in the BIOS) to DISABLE, AUTO or port 1-4. When set to AUTO it always gets set up as COM1. This is the same COM port the modem uses (and cannot be changed). If I manually set the onboard COM port in the BIOS to COM2, the modem will then allow me to select COM2 but not COM1. In other words, the modem will only use the COM port I set in the BIOS for the onboard COM port.

Somehow, someway as I played with this, the modem suddenly chose COM4 (and does not allow another selection). However, any attempt to test the modem returns a "COM Port Not Found" message (BIOS is set to COM1).

There is a BIOS setting for an onboard modem but there is no onboard modem (unless an AMR modem is considered "onboard"?). It can be set to either AUTO or DISABLE. Do you think this setting is for the AMR slot?

Anyone have any idea what is happening? I have never dealt with an AMR card before.

Please note: there are no jumpers on the AMR card and these cards, by design, are not plug and play.

*** Update ***
I decided to set the BIOS COM port to COM4 to see what the modem would do now that it wants COM4. Amazingly, the modem now works as COM4, but the motherboard now shows the onboard COM port (in Device Manager) as COM5, which is not a selectable value in the BIOS.

Weird. And beyond my ability to comprehend, but everything seems to be working. Now if I can only figure out how I forced the modem to COM4.

Thanks...Joe

Last edited:
Just to add to the weird actions of this AMR modem, after a reboot, the modem decided to now take COM2 and the motherboard took COM4. I then changed the BIOS setting to COM1 and now the MB uses COM1 and the modem uses COM2. Oh well, at least it works.

In addition to being what seems to be a quick board, I found out it is the first board I have that actually recognizes the PC100 256MB chips I have had since 2009.

Joe

Back