• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Daisywriter 2000 information?

roflwaffle

I've been interested in finding a daisy wheel printer with a few special characteristics.

Mostly, I'm interested in high resolution in horizontal and vertical spacing. I picked up a misguided effort, and now I know what I'm looking for

1/48" vertical linebreaks seem pretty standard. I saw a few with 1/120 vertical line breaks (Itoh), but 1/48th is good nuff
1/120" horizontal spacing, fairly standard

being able to program hammer force is pretty nice as well.

So, anyway, back to the daisywriter. Seems to do all I need, found one locally, but .. no cable, no manual.

it doesnt use a standard centronics cable, it has its own special thing, so i'll need to make a cable.. but without a manual, I'm pretty SOL.

Anyone have the manual for it I can get a pic of a few pages?

Thanks for the link to the apple info. I'll add it to the set of info I have (which is almost nothin apart from specs)

Might be worth taking a shot on, but I can probably do a bit better. I liked that it used standard ink, standard daisy wheel carts, and had diablo emulation, but lack of a full manual makes it tough.

Next time I'm in minnesota, i'll give ita look :D

or maybe check out if there's some interlibrary loan with my local university.. seems a hassle, but good to know its there.

Also Chuck(G), I saw you're in the PNW and said you were looking to get rid of a daisy wheel printer in another thread? I'm just up in seattle, not sure where you are, but if you are looking to sell one, let me know which model and maybe I can skip this whole daisywriter thing. :D Tried PMing you, but apparently I'm still a forum noob so I don't have permissions.

Back