• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

68000 evaluation single board computer assembler etc

woodchips

Experienced Member
This is a 'CHAS' 68000 single board computer or EVM made by LTJ (I think) of Norwich. They used to make lots of training type electronics but no idea where they are now, or any manuals.

This EVM is intended to be used to learn about the 68000, and has the usual selection of I/O you would expect.

In detail it has 128KB monitor, 64KB SRAM, 2 of 68230, 68681, WD1772 and a built in 15.625kHz mono monitor output.

There is some nice help screen to sort out the commands, so using it shouldn't be too hard.

I have four of these, they all power up to the sign on chime but one doesn't give a video output, not looked why. There is a 3.1/2" floppy drive but none of them seem to work, tried different drives but when formatting get as far as track 00 and that is it, nothing. Uses double sided 80 tracks 17 sectors per track format, or a simpler lower density 40 tracks and 10 sectors per track, neither work.

Powered from just a 5V supply, around 3-4A I suppose.

One unit is still with its very large and heavy steel case, the others are just the main PCB and floppy, no PSU.

Price £40 each plus postage. The PCB is about 14" square so will be quite difficult to pack, guess mainland UK delivery at about £14, £15 into EU.

Attachments

• P1010983.JPG
    P1010983.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 6
  • P1010982.JPG
    P1010982.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 7
  • P1010981.JPG
    P1010981.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 7
Yes, just one as a bare board. Apparently other buyers have got 5.1/4" floppies working, but not 3.1/2", not sorted out why.

Also found some Flight 68k EVMs. Similar idea but these more intended to be used with a computer, have RS232 links for downloading. Have a built in debugger, simple assembler etc. Also come on a lab training type arrangement with a separate board with ADC, motor, sensors etc to play with. I did test these many years ago but not dragged all the RS232 stuff out, busy.

Them, also the application board on another page. Also some of the 8086 training boards, similar to the 68k.

The 68k with the applications board £60, the 8086 £30. Plus post.

Last edited:
Back