• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Duplicating Display on TRS-80 Model IV

sisamnes

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and was hoping someone might be able to help me out, as I am new to the vintage computer world. I don't know if this is even possible, but I am interested in mirroring the display on my TRS-80 Model IV on a standard modern TV. I have seen a few people posting workarounds for connecting the TRS-80 to a TV in the event of a smashed monitor, but I would like to know if it is possible to duplicate the display in a similar fashion, keeping the main monitor on while also displaying on a television or other separate monitor. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

You can tap into the composite video going to the built-in monitor and connect that to an RCA jack to feed an external monitor. The video output should have enough gain to drive two monitors at the same time.

Mirroring the image might be a little more difficult. In the days of CRT TVs it was a little easier.

Thanks guys - I was jumping ahead a bit. I'm having trouble even getting it to power up now that I'm trying. I posted aa separate thread asking for some advice on that. I appreciate your responses.

Back