• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tandy 6000 Not booting up

Chromedome45

Veteran Member
My 6000 suddenly decided it doesn't want to boot up anymore. I reseated nearly all socketed chips I could access and even replaced the ram with identical units that were there in the first place 6665 64k chips on the Logic board to no avail. Not sure if it is the EPROM but don't think so. Suggestions? please I really need help on this one guys.

Yeah but this is something new so I thought it might be best to start a new one. Anyway all voltages are good. Keyboard works fine just won't boot and it is baffling me. When I tried to do the additional the RAM and it didn't work I put everything back to how it was before I started. It did boot a couple of times then died.

I know I shouldn't double or triple post.

Frank,
What is the status of these Z80 Control Pins:
06 -- CLOCK
16 -- /INT
17 -- /NMI
24 -- /WAIT
25 -- /BUSRQ
26 -- /RESET

Larry

Haven't dug that far into it yet Larry. Would need a lot of disassembly just to reach the Z80. Plus I don't have a scope to probe them. Taking a break from it for now will continue tomorrow. But seems at least RESET is working.

Frank, maybe the old girl needs a rest for the night. You've been working her pretty hard these past few days! She probably has not seen that much action since 1987!

Ok got her to boot up. Can tell by way floppy is being accessed! Had to clean contacts on Video/KBD board of all things! But still video is hosed. No contrast adjustment.

Please check the no video thread. I consider this closed for now

Back