• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Drive bay cover/door for IBM 5150 computer

dougmanct

This is the cover plate for the drive bay on the IBM 5150 computer.

Asking price is $55 shipped in the USA. Will ship elsewhere, $50 plus shipping cost.

IMG_4075.JPG

For potential purchasers, note that I have never seen evidence that IBM themselves produced these things. For example, it does not appear along with other parts in in IBM's Hardware Maintenance Service manual. One example of an advertisement for the subject cover is [here]. The only 'cover' that I am aware of that IBM produced for the 5150/5160 is the one at [here].

Cover plate is not only the wrong size (would only cover a half-height bay)
It looks right to me (covers 2 x full height).

but the price is... optimistic, to be kind.
I think the price is based on an assumption that the part is IBM made.
If it is IBM made, then it is rare, and maybe I would pay $50 (plus shipping) in order to 'complete' my IBM 5150.

The only 'cover' that I am aware of that IBM produced for the 5150/5160 is the one at [here].
There's one here, too:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Anybody want it?

Attachments

• P2210097.jpg
    P2210097.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 1
  • P2210098.jpg
    P2210098.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 1
The only 'cover' that I am aware of that IBM produced for the 5150/5160 is the one at [here].

Does anyone know if there exists any photos (or even mock-ups) of a cassette-only IBM 5150 PC with two blank cover plates installed on the drive bays?

I would be interested, but 50$,... is a pick I can't climb
I can do half + shipping cost

To save the moderators from having to say it... make offers and discuss transactions via private messages, not on the forum. Thread posts such as "declaring interest" or "PM sent" are unnecessary and discouraged.

Back