• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Model II Software Repository

pski

Staff member
I recently obtained some pristine copies of some original Model II software that I went ahead and imaged and have made available here

https://github.com/pski/model2software

All of these have been tested on a Model II and work well. I plan to add to this collection as I come across more software or if I dare to image some of the older 8" disks that I have in my collection. I'm wary about ruining one of the few working TM848s I have. If you would like to contribute images to the collection, feel free to PM me and I will add them to the repository.

@pski

Pete,

Thank you for sharing this information with all the Model II users.
This is the right way to keep this computers alive and the users happy.:D

Actually I'm curious. Has anyone actually committed to a Model II disk image archive in recent history? All I seem to know that exists is what's in the Dunfield archive and even that doesn't have stuff like the Xenix disks or even anything close to what pski just put up. I can't even remember WHERE I got my images from now.

Actually I'm curious. Has anyone actually committed to a Model II disk image archive in recent history? All I seem to know that exists is what's in the Dunfield archive and even that doesn't have stuff like the Xenix disks or even anything close to what pski just put up. I can't even remember WHERE I got my images from now.

There are a few other places, like Bill Deneg's site, Tim Mann's and a few old CPM archives.

Let's try to make this new one the definitive Model II archive!

I had a site with the Xenix 3.1 images and the 3.0 dev sys. I'll send them on to Pete. Pete, PM me with your email.

I had a site with the Xenix 3.1 images and the 3.0 dev sys. I'll send them on to Pete. Pete, PM me with your email.

Already got it, Kelly. You sent them to me while ago. I have not tried them yet, but I'll take your word that they are good. I want to make sure we only have high quality working images in the archive. I'll put them in the archive. Thanks.

Edit: Done!

BTW, if you are not familiar with git or github, you should try to learn the basics. Keeping in sync with the repository is easy.

1. To start, make sure you have installed git. See http://git-scm.com
2. Then, in a directory of your choosing, simply type
Code:
git clone git@github.com:pski/model2software.git
or
Code:
git clone https://github.com/pski/model2software.git
This will retrieve all of the images in the repo for you. The first one uses ssh and may not work if you don't have ssh installed/configured on your system.

3. Periodically type git pull in the same directory as you cloned the repo to get the latest images.

EDIT: Fixed the git clone URL

Last edited:
For the few TRSXenix operators out there, I just added a new folder to the repo of Xenix games donated by Kevin. He put together a readme file in the folder with detailed instructions. I'm not able to test them yet since my M6K floppy is on the fritz so if someone can give them a try and let us know if it works that would be great.

Just a heads up in regards to the growing MII software content in this archive....you ain't seen nothing yet! I'm working with a buddy on curating an incredible collection of MII images that have been recently shared with me by him once news of this archive spread. I think it's vital for the health of the hobby because you have to have something to do once you spent all of that effort and $ getting your MII/12/16/16B/6K running! Please consider sharing images that you may have. Thanks!

Last edited:
Just added some new images. Here are a few. For the lawyers out there we have 26-4545 Litigation Support. For the gamers we have a collection of Model II games, including most of the Scott Adam's adventures. For the developers we have 26-4712 Assembly Language Development System. That is one I have been looking for.

Lot's more to come.

Let me know what you think of the folder format.

Hmmm, some these images and PDFs look very familiar. There are images there that I've expressly asked the two people that I gave them to NOT distribute. There is personal stuff there that, even 35 years later, would be best removed from the archive you have. Can we discuss this via PM?

Aaron

Certainly, Aaron. Please PM me immediately. Or reach out via my signature. Thanks

Last edited:
Yeahhh, I think I'll sync to the repo right now.

Edited: Dammit, Locked out mid-transfer.

Last edited:
Thank you Pete. I've sent you an email, as I'd forgotten the PM system was shut off (or I can't access it).

Pete,

Due to the way git works, you might have to blow this one away, start a new repo, and re-import everything rather than try to resurrect this one. Otherwise a knowledgeable git user would be able to still pull those images from a previous revision. Please post here when the new repo is up so that I can be sure to blow away my personal mirror on my laptop of the old (after doing a git clone of the new) to make sure that I don't keep a copy of those images Aaron mentioned. (Seriously: if Aaron doesn't want those particular images out there, I'm going to respect that. )

Last edited:
Back