• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Zilog Z8613 Microcontrollers

While looking up the prices on Z8613's I spotted a guy selling them in tube lots of 10 for $100 each.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/10-PCS-ZILOG-Z8613TS-8613-/271992679301?hash=item3f5406eb85

These chips are vital especially for Apple users wanting to reformat their 10mb Profile disk drives. You're looking about $10 per chip which isn't bad given how the Z8603 normally sells for $30 each.

I think he just dropped the price to $66, so I bought a tube.
These are later glop-top parts with machine sockets for the EPROM, which are MUCH better than
the crappy original sockets. Most Profiles should have the original piggy back Z8 replaced, since there
was an ECO to do that. If you still have one in your machine, you should consider ether replacing it with
the plasic ROM version or finding one of these parts in 2K. I may try programming the 2K version firmware
into a 4K to see if it works ok (it should). A few years ago I obtained a bunch of Profile docs, including all
the firmware sources and some work was done by Patrick (the guy who did the IDEfile) http://john.ccac.rwth-aachen.de:8000/patrick/IDEfaq.htm
and I to document it. The stuff is all up on bitsavers.

Last edited:
Canadian dollars, plus shipping. In USD without shipping it was $65 a tube.

If you buy a tube of 10, I'm happy to send you some money for one. I could use an extra just in case.

My hands are tied right now. I'm awaiting the outcome of an emergency clutch replacement (good thing that didn't happen in Idaho!) and a few things at work that might affect my payroll. Otherwise I'd totally buy a tube and sell the extras at $10 a pop.

My hands are tied right now. I'm awaiting the outcome of an emergency clutch replacement (good thing that didn't happen in Idaho!) and a few things at work that might affect my payroll. Otherwise I'd totally buy a tube and sell the extras at $10 a pop.

If you need one or two, I could buy and offer the same to you. Let me know. It is a good deal. I think OI paid $25US for mine and I thought I stole it at that price :)

I realize this thread is old, however the Z8613 is much older and I need 1 or 2. Im wondering if Snuci has any left?

Back