• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

RS03 - some photos of the cards on the inside

I looked at the Service Manual, and am really surprised that this is a Massbus device. It would plug right into the RH11 controllers in my KS10. Any PDP-11 with an RH11 controller should be able to use the disk.

The motor-run cap for the blower motor is probably bad. A replacement should be easy to find. Make sure you get a motor-run cap, not a motor-start cap.

Some silicone should be able to seal up damaged parts of the HEPA filter enough to try the disk.

There are M7753 and M7754 modules on eBay.

I looked at the Service Manual, and am really surprised that this is a Massbus device. It would plug right into the RH11 controllers in my KS10. Any PDP-11 with an RH11 controller should be able to use the disk.
I am lucky enuf to have an RH11 for the monster!

The motor-run cap for the blower motor is probably bad. A replacement should be easy to find. Make sure you get a motor-run cap, not a motor-start cap.

Some silicone should be able to seal up damaged parts of the HEPA filter enough to try the disk.

There are M7753 and M7754 modules on eBay.
I undertstand the differences in the caps - so I will get the right ones.

The HEPA I have is not damaged BUT the manual is pretty adamant not to use it again. I was going to try the "reverse sook" outlined elsewhere the forum, but is seems a pity to damage a good platter by messing with the filter? Advice welcome as I have never done this sort of engineering/butchering before. The filter is back in place for now - more to stop the ingress of rubbish than anything else. I wont be spinning things up for while yet. I need to pull the boards and check em out as best I can. I see the benkle (I guess heat rising from the board below?) on the backplane.

I had not noticed the 7753/54 on ebay - ta

Back