• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Run apple 1 cassette programs on an apple II?

As I mentioned in the other post you need a brain board from Mike Willegal. If he doesn't have them, I'm pretty sure you can also use an apple prom card modified for EPROMs and program the software. The brain board started out I think as an alternative to the apple prom card. Contact Mike Willegal.

One other option to using cassettes is an emulator on a modern Macintosh. Open emulator for OSX does a great job of emulating the Apple-1 ACI that I use it a lot to generate audio files and test ones I create on the real thing.

Cheers,
Corey

As I mentioned in the other post you need a brain board from Mike Willegal. If he doesn't have them, I'm pretty sure you can also use an apple prom card modified for EPROMs and program the software. The brain board started out I think as an alternative to the apple prom card. Contact Mike Willegal.

One other option to using cassettes is an emulator on a modern Macintosh. Open emulator for OSX does a great job of emulating the Apple-1 ACI that I use it a lot to generate audio files and test ones I create on the real thing.

Cheers,
Corey

I am trying not to use a modern computer. I don't know anything about prom cards? Can u elaborate. I think usuing an apple ii is my best option for what I want to do.

I would love that but idk how to build one.

There is a build option for the Brain Board firmware that will run out of Apple II RAM. The RAM version moves the address space around from a true Apple 1, but you should be able read and write from tape. The firmware source can be downloaded from my Brainboard web page.

http://www.willegal.net/appleii/brainboard.htm

regards,
Mike Willegal

There is a build option for the Brain Board firmware that will run out of Apple II RAM. The RAM version moves the address space around from a true Apple 1, but you should be able read and write from tape. The firmware source can be downloaded from my Brainboard web page.

http://www.willegal.net/appleii/brainboard.htm

regards,
Mike Willegal

Hey mike I sent you an email earlier. R u saying on here I can install the firmware directly to the actual ROMs on the apple ii. Can u email me and explain what I need to do in detail. I don't have a lot of experience with this.

Hey mike I sent you an email earlier. R u saying on here I can install the firmware directly to the actual ROMs on the apple ii. Can u email me and explain what I need to do in detail. I don't have a lot of experience with this.

HI,

It's possible to Burn and Install EPROMs with some mods to the motherboard, but given your concern about lack of experience, this might not a good option for you. My previous message indicated that you could download my Brainboard software and build a version that could be loaded and run from DRAM. If you don't have experience with software development, this approach also may be difficult for you.

regards,
Mike Willegal

Back