• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: Gridcase 1520 screen

snuci

Veteran Member
Got a Gridcase 1520 today and the packing was sub-par. I know these are tough the results were a smashed screen. It is so upsetting to have this trashed like this. If anyone has a spare screen, I'd love to see this work again and save it. Please PM me.

gridcase.jpg

That looks like the plasma screen version, here it is ebay item# 291575631211
i have one with the same problem , but will be cheaper to wait for one to come avalable and keep one for parts

if you want to use it to see if it works, unplug the screen from the MB and use a external monitor CTRL+ALT+TAB

Hi Klyball,

That part is expensive but you are right, I should try it first. It took me a little while to figure out how to open it. I disconnected the LCD and removed it but I'm not sure I put it back together properly. I connected it to a CGA monitor, plugged it in and got nothing.

I'll have to try again later tonight.

you need to CTRL+ALT+TAB to get it to switch to external monitor,

best way to take apart is undo 2 screws in back under plastic covers, slide back forward with screen closed, open screen pop of keyboard cover ,close screen then lift screen up,

Back