• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: XT-IDE rev 3 Boards, Kits, and Assembled Units

glitch

Veteran Member
Preorders have all been taken care of, so now XT-IDE rev 3 boards are open for general availability! Prices are as follows:

Bare boards: $8 USD
Parts kits: $20 USD (BOARD NOT INCLUDED)
Assembled units: $85 USD

Shipping within the US is as follows:

Bare boards only (up to 3): $5 USD
Parts kits (up to 3): $7 USD (USPS Small Flat Rate Box)
Assembled Units (up to 2): $7 USD (USPS Small Flat Rate Box)

Since I don't have my order processing framework up and going yet, send your order request to orders@glitchwrks.com with your name or handle and XT-IDE in the subject.

Preorders have all been taken care of, so now XT-IDE rev 3 boards are open for general availability! Prices are as follows:

Shipping within the US is as follows:

Bare boards only (up to 3): $5 USD
Parts kits (up to 3): $7 USD (USPS Small Flat Rate Box)
Assembled Units (up to 2): $7 USD (USPS Small Flat Rate Box)

g.png

Since I don't have my order processing framework up and going yet, send your order request to orders@glitchwrks.com with your name or handle and XT-IDE in the subject.
That price included shipping?

And international shipping? I am from Argentina

I can't provide overseas shipping figures until I know what you're buying and where it's going, all overseas buyers should email me with your address and I'll get you a total as soon as possible.

For someone with very little electronics experience, can you provide an idea of what's involved in assembling a unit from the bare board + parts kit? Any equipment needed beyond a soldering iron? Thanks!

How does one obtain Bitcoin? Wherever I see it mentioned the method for getting some (without already having some or offering something in exchange for it) has somehow been elusive.

You digitally mine it (not worthwhile nowadays) or buy it from a Bitcoin exchange.

For someone with very little electronics experience, can you provide an idea of what's involved in assembling a unit from the bare board + parts kit? Any equipment needed beyond a soldering iron? Thanks!

If everything goes right the first time, the only thing you'll need is a soldering iron, solder, wire cutters, and a #1 Philips screwdriver for the mounting bracket. I don't know this is a "my first soldering experience" kit, but I did make efforts to lay it out with a nice, open layout to make it easy for hobbyists to solder.

At ~ $665 per Bitcoin I somehow still see something unsavory in this form of exchange method.

That's great! You're free to pay for things you buy however you like, I just offer it as an alternative. I don't think I've ever had anyone actually *pay* with BTC though.

Sorry, I wasn't singling you out for anything. It just sounded like you were quite familiar with BTC and I was only trying to pick your brain on a subject I had been curious about for some time. I'm quite satisfied with PayPal and that's what I use universally. As I stated I was only hoping to gain some insight (from you) into a previously elusive area for me.

I need to put together a BOM and add it to the Git repo. Everything's available through Mouser/DigiKey/et c.

Is it possible to get the PCB boards in green? (i dont know which color would be standard on this normal version)

Is there an option if i buy the bare boards only (i dont know how much the shipping to the netherlands will be, but with everything included ( i mean the bare boards and the kits included)i think it will be much to high. And maybe i have to pay some tax / shipping fee`s as well) that i can purchase any kits later ( if i cant obtain them anywhere else)

Bare boards: $8 USD ( is this for a single board, or also up to three?)

How much will the shipping be for 6 bare green PCB boards? (rest of the components i can order my self, i think that this will be much cheaper.)

Do you maybe have a list of the components to buy? (do you get this from mouser electronics?)

Is it possible to get the PCB boards in green? (i dont know which color would be standard on this normal version)

Basically, no. If you want green you're going to have to run them yourself. I will do a run in green if enough people want them in green, but basically everyone else who has expressed interest in these boards have been fine with blue. You are of course free to use the design files to run the boards in whatever color your like. FYI you have to do a run of 100 boards to get the price-per-board to a reasonable level if you want hard gold plating on the edge connector.

Is there an option if i buy the bare boards only (i dont know how much the shipping to the netherlands will be, but with everything included ( i mean the bare boards and the kits included)i think it will be much to high. And maybe i have to pay some tax / shipping fee`s as well) that i can purchase any kits later ( if i cant obtain them anywhere else)

Sure, I guess that's fine, but I don't know that you will be saving any money by splitting the shipment up. It's usually more cost-effective to *combine* shipping.

Bare boards: $8 USD ( is this for a single board, or also up to three?)

This is the price per board. There are no price breaks for larger quantities. I'm selling the boards and parts kits basically at cost.

How much will the shipping be for 6 bare green PCB boards? (rest of the components i can order my self, i think that this will be much cheaper.)

No idea. I have to package orders up, weigh them, and measure the box to determine shipping. International shipping is especially variable. I can't just guess at a number for you on this. Experience shows it will be somewhere in the range of $15 - $35 USD.

Do you maybe have a list of the components to buy? (do you get this from mouser electronics?)

The answer to this is literally the post above yours. I need to put together a Bill of Materials. I haven't yet as I'm very busy at the moment. I'm currently out of town at a conference.

Which files / or information do i need to process my own boards? Because i dont have any skills of making my own pcb designs.

I thought it would be an easy route to order the bare boards from you.. But it seems it isnt.

Why did you change the color of these boards if previously you where using a nice style green color..

Can you also tell me how much stock you still have of those blue PCB boards? Because maybe you have to pre-order again, so you possible havent enough available to ship them quick.

Would it be possible if you can ask if the community wants a green version of this board. Maybe they want the blue because they know those can already be purchased. And if green is / was possible they know they have to wait much longer or still
no availability when do would have to wait longer.

Last edited:
Why did you change the color of these boards if previously you where using a nice style green color..
Just out of curiosity... what makes green so important to you? Does the color have some affect on performance or something else I'm not but should be aware of? AFAIK, once you install the board in a computer you can't see it anyway so the color of the board's surface seems to be totally irrelevant.

Back