• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: S100 FDC Board, Working - Cromemco, CCS, Jade, etc.

I have used Compupro Disk-1 floppy controllers in stock. They are configured to control 8" floppy drives, but can be reconfigured (hardware modification required) to control 5.25" mini-floppy drives (not both at the same time).

Compupro also makes the Disk-1A and Disk-1B which will both control 5.25" and 8" drives at the same time without hardware modifications.

Are you looking for a 8" floppy controller, or one that will control both 5.25" and 8" floppy drives at the same time?

I appreciate it, but I'm hoping for a WD1791/1793 board. I would like to use the 8" Shugarts but be able to also use the 5.25 drives.

retrotechnology has/had a number of SD Systems Versafloppy II controller boards for sale. The Versafloppy II uses the WD 1791 or 1793 controller chip. They aren't IEEE-696, but the changes necessary to make them work with other brands of boards are well documented.

I bought mine new back around 1981 as a kit from Priority One Electronics ($300), and it's worked well with the exception of suffering from a thermal problem (must wait 10-15 minutes after turning on to use for the PLL to stabilize as the board warms up) that I have never been able to solve.

He has/had two versions, the earlier version with a ceramic cap in the upper left hand corner, and the later version with a 20-turn cap in the upper left hand corner. A friend of mine got the version with the ceramic cap, and I got the version with the 20-turn cap. Bother versions suffer from the warmup problem.

Last edited:
Back