• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Osgeld's Garage Sale, 2 pentium laptops and a scsi hard drive enclosure (no drive)

Osgeld

Experienced Member
I am clearing out some of the stuff I am not using in order to gather up money to buy a 3d printer (yay). I like these items, but my use of them has gone from rare to not at all, so its time for them to find good homes so they they rot out in the garage.

Before I show the goods, here is the ground rules

I will be posting this identical thread on atariage.com and vcfed.org under the same username, and I get PM's on both sites just fine
Payment though Paypal, and payment in full
United States Please

First up is a Mirror brand SCSI hard drive enclosure, there is no hard disk, that went inside one my long gone mac's. The sheetmetal inside has mounting positions for 3.5 and 5.25 inch drives, along with a cutout for a 5.25 inch drive. The plastic is not cut out for the 5.25 inch drive but if your brave you could make it work with a CD ROM. Has 2 outlets on the back which are switched. Footprint fits under a old style all in one black n white mac.

10$ + postage

IMG_20160811_200549131.jpg

IMG_20160811_201029992.jpg

Next up is a beat to all snot Pentium Laptop. 90Mhz cpu, 8 megs ram, 500 meg hard disk, 640x480 DSTN 16 bit color VGA display (800x600 24 bit on external monitor), ESS audio drive, power supply, broken floppy disk. Missing hard disk caddy but disk plugs in to machine direct without adapters, needs some new caps, I started to replace them but did not have 25 volt 100uf smt caps. Onboard audio is highly distorted, external audio seems fine. Windows 95b installed with all drivers installed.

10$ + postage

IMG_20160813_170224142.jpg

IMG_20160813_170335539.jpg

IMG_20160813_171309033.jpg

IMG_20160813_171324679.jpg

Finally is a very nice Pentium Laptop, 150Mhz MMX, 80 megs of ram (16 onboard 64 in the slot), 800x600 12 inch color TFT display, ESS audio drive, power supply, Cardbus USB 2.0 card, Cardbus 10/100 network card, Cardbus 802.11b wifi card, USB DVD writer, working external floppy drive. Currently has a 4 gig hard drive, bios will not see greater than 8 gigs and actually work! Windows 98 Second Edition with all drivers installed.

75$ + postage

IMG_20160813_175153431.jpg

IMG_20160813_175203330_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160813_175341925_HDR.jpg

Thanks for looking and if you have any questions feel free to post them!

What kind of connection does the floppy drive in the "beat to all snot" computer use? I have a floppy drive from a Thinkpad 750; do you think that would work in it? What's that about "missing hard disk caddy?" Do you mean the thing inside the computer that keeps the drive secure? It would work fine from the internal disk right? Just don't move it when it's on? What's that gap on the side of it? Is just a door supposed to go there? Also, as someone with no electronics experience, do you think I would be able to use it as-is for the foreseeable future without having to finish the re-capping job?

Floppy is a. Standard laptop flat flex connection the problem is that is it shorter than any other drive I have seen so every one I pick up won't fit in the slot

The hard drive simply uses a 44 pin connector and the caddy keeps.it secure, as long as you get it aligned in there it stays connected pretty good

Most of the rotten caps deal with two things battery charging which the battery has not charged for like a 16 years so no biggie, and audio output, I started to replace some (thus the melty spot on the side of the case but just removing them restored the speaker output jack, internal audio is still pretty messed up... as far as life dunno it could last 6 months it could last another decade

The large gap on the side with the hard drive is missing a door, those are two pcmcia 16 bit expansion slots (not the easier to find 32bit cardbus, though pcmcia was super common until the later Pentium era laptops)

Floppy is a. Standard laptop flat flex connection the problem is that is it shorter than any other drive I have seen so every one I pick up won't fit in the slot

The hard drive simply uses a 44 pin connector and the caddy keeps.it secure, as long as you get it aligned in there it stays connected pretty good

Most of the rotten caps deal with two things battery charging which the battery has not charged for like a 16 years so no biggie, and audio output, I started to replace some (thus the melty spot on the side of the case but just removing them restored the speaker output jack, internal audio is still pretty messed up... as far as life dunno it could last 6 months it could last another decade

The large gap on the side with the hard drive is missing a door, those are two pcmcia 16 bit expansion slots (not the easier to find 32bit cardbus, though pcmcia was super common until the later Pentium era laptops)

I havent the slightest idea how in the name of hell the beat to snot PC runs at all but depending on shipping i might take it. Would be useful for vintage reference software and stuff i guess.

Back