• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

TI-99/4a Items Wanted

Someone contacted me last month to give away a full TI 99/4a system with PEB and a ton of software on disk and cartridge.

The problem turned out to be shipping which, from Seattle, was looking like $150 or more.

I ended up having to pass. I'm sure the stuff is in a new home by now (the donor had cast a wide net) but those types of things come up from time to time.

Good luck!

Erik

Erik said:
Someone contacted me last month to give away a full TI 99/4a system with PEB and a ton of software on disk and cartridge.

The problem turned out to be shipping which, from Seattle, was looking like $150 or more.

I ended up having to pass. I'm sure the stuff is in a new home by now (the donor had cast a wide net) but those types of things come up from time to time.

Good luck!

Erik

Sounds pricey. Did you try getting figures for shipping the computer seperate from the software (media rate for software makes it much cheaper)?

Unknown_K said:
Sounds pricey. Did you try getting figures for shipping the computer seperate from the software (media rate for software makes it much cheaper)?

I didn't bother since the guy was "donating" the equipment and I didn't want to add any hassles. I'm sure he found someone to pick it up locally and save him even more trouble.

I've already got most of the stuff he was offering anyway and I didn't think he wanted the collection split up, which is what I'd have had to do eventually.

Erik

Erik said:
Unknown_K said:

I didn't bother since the guy was "donating" the equipment and I didn't want to add any hassles. I'm sure he found someone to pick it up locally and save him even more trouble.

I've already got most of the stuff he was offering anyway and I didn't think he wanted the collection split up, which is what I'd have had to do eventually.

Erik

Never hurts to ask, I always do. Worst thing that happens is they say no. Alot of people spent alot of time and money putting a collection together and have a hard time dealing with the fact that for common equipment prices tend to drop alot over time, especially when they have 15 of the same item and dont want to split the stuff up. I cant stand people who do the buy it or it gets dumped thing and then want to charge you an arm and a leg for the items, I dont deal with them at all.

Erik said:
shipping which, from Seattle, was looking like $150 or more.

I've sent the Peripheral Expansion Box (Heaviest part by far) for ~$20 via UPS. That's a lot compared to the value of the thing.

I try to get folks to specify where they are before negotiating price.

Back