• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

New here....

Kaptain Skitzo

Experienced Member
On the edge of Sanity, just outside the border.
Hi, I just found out about the forums about an hour ago. Looks like some cool stuff going on in here. Seeing as this is my first post here, I do expect some nice responces. :lol:

I'm mostly an old Commodore 64/128 and Amiga person myself. I have a nice little collection of systems, ranging from the old Vic-20, C= +4, C=16, C=64, C=128, Amiga 1000,500, and 3000. Of course, I use a few PeeCee's for my FPS and Net trolling. I still use my 64/128, as well as a few of my Amigas. My first computer was a C=64(still works) bought back when they were over $600. To this day, I still play games on it. I have enough of these things to open up my own little museum(as my fiance refers to my collection anyway!)

I'll be coming here for some conversation, and hopefully give some info on what I know, and probably asking some questions myself.

Welcome!

Welcome!

Welcome to the VC Forums!

You sound like quite the Commodore fan! I'm sure you'll find a bunch of like-minded folks here for sure!

Enjoy the forums!

Erik

I'm sure I will. It will take a week or so to get all caught up on the reading...but it looks pretty cool. I just wish the avatar thing would allow bigger...I have a GIF of a Commodore 64 startup screen that I'd have liked to use. I just can't get it down that small. Ah well. It happens. :)

Kaptain Skitzo said:
I just wish the avatar thing would allow bigger...I have a GIF of a Commodore 64 startup screen that I'd have liked to use. I just can't get it down that small. Ah well. It happens. :)

If you can host an image elsewhere on the internet you can reference it in your signature. Just please keep the referenced images reasonable in size to keep load times quick.

Erik

Erik said:
Kaptain Skitzo said:
I just wish the avatar thing would allow bigger...I have a GIF of a Commodore 64 startup screen that I'd have liked to use. I just can't get it down that small. Ah well. It happens. :)

If you can host an image elsewhere on the internet you can reference it in your signature. Just please keep the referenced images reasonable in size to keep load times quick.

Erik

I've been looking for a site to do just that. I was on Frailart.org until they went subscriber(read:pay) only.
If you know of any free hosting sites, I'd appreciate that info.
Hell, I'd be happy with a site that will host 1 MB of pics. It's all I'd need.

Who are you using to connect to the internet?

Most ISPs have a personal homepage or something like it that allocates 1 to 5 MB to their customers. I used that for picture hosting until I started up www.vintage-computer.com.

If that won't work hopefully someone has a free hosting solution here. I'm just not familiar. . .

Erik

Well, I found a way to post that pic...

I hope.

c64-skaerm.gif

It's just a red X to everyone else.

You can't use the FTP:// address since that's not available to anyone but you, really.

The location should have an HTTP:// equivalent that you can browse to. Test it by dropping the URL into the address in your browser and see what comes up.

Good luck!

Erik

Back