• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Blogs and Bloggers

Erik

Site Administrator
Staff member
I don't necessarily want this to turn into a pros and cons of blogging discussion, but I am curious:

Does anyone out there have a Blog?

Erik

Re: Blogs and Bloggers

"Erik" wrote:

> I don't necessarily want this to turn into a
> pros and cons of blogging discussion, but
> I am curious:

> Does anyone out there have a Blog?

I'm lost, could you please define 'Blog'?

I've check two dictionarys & both MacQuarie
& Oxford, either have nothing, so you're
either going to have to explain or rephrase.

'Am I Blogging at the moment?!

Cheers,
CP/M User.

Blog comes from "weblog", i.e. some web diary where you post your thoughts or stories, and sometimes lets the readers interact with comments. I don't run a blog (don't have anything interesting to say), but a friend of mine does and I frequently visit it to read and comment.

"carlsson" wrote:

> Blog comes from "weblog", i.e. some web diary
> where you post your thoughts or stories, and
> sometimes lets the readers interact with
> comments. I don't run a blog (don't have
> anything interesting to say), but a friend of
> mine does and I frequently visit it to read and
> comment.

I should have realised it was a web term, cause
an ordinary dictionary just won't do. Even my
computer Dictionary is nearly 20 years old! ;-)

Okay, so I guess it's occuring (with me posting
Rants, General Views, other interests), but I'm
not doing so well!

Why do you ask, Erik? (When you're ready to
answer! ;-)

If you can't tell I just had a look down the
General area & saw all these posts which hadn't
been answer, or ones which could have done
with a shake down! ;-)

Cheers,
CP/M User.

The idea with the blog is that it is on its own (web) page, and not spread around in various forums (which would be more discussion than blogging). Maybe Erik was considering making his own vintage blog, and would like to know anyone who already is into it. Most people doing it seems either to pick up obscene pictures from Internet which they repost with some witty comments, or comment on the world news or their daily life.

I was hoping to find other vintage computer enthusiasts with Blogs. I actually started one and was planning on keeping a log of my activities on it (not really as much for entertainment as for recording what I've done in the hobby.)

Unfortunately with 2 kids in diapers and with everything else going on I had no time to keep it up. It's since been deleted for inactivity which is just as well.

Erik

This past summer* I started blogs on the progress of two civil liberties cases that were filed in 2003 and 2004. I confess: I'm a lawyer and a libertarian. One of those two cases is mine; the other is being handled by other attorneys, with the ACLU playing an active role. My case involves the rights of martial artists to practice in the privacy of their homes; the other involves the rights of pregnant teenagers to confidentiality and arose here in my school district. I guess the first one has gotten more interest on the on-line community, but it's about 18 months ahead of the other one. I get calls and e-mails fairly frequently on the martial arts matter. The local school district case is being kept hush-hush and the local papers won't report on it. Anyway, you can check out the blogs and background material/documents in either, both, or neither--as your whim moves you--at:

http://home.earthlink.net/~nunchakulaw
http://home.earthlink.net/~portinjustice

*I actually started the first blog a year earlier on my NYU academic website, where the first part still resides and probably will until about May 2005, at: http://homepages.nyu.edu/~jmm257/mvs.html

Back