• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hello collectors

vbriel

Experienced Member
Ok, I've been reading posts for a while now and I'd thought now would be a good time to jump in. My name is Vince and I'm a vintage computer aholic. My current collection includes:

Apple II
(9) Apple II+'s including 1 that is my first computer I owned
Bell & Howell black Apple II+ and 3 matching disk drives
Apple //gs
Apple ///
Mac SE
Mac Classic II
Lisa 2 with profile drive
Commodore 64
Commodore Pet 4016 with disk drive
Atari 400 with tons of carts disk drive, tape drive
(2) TRS-80 Model 1's with exp interface and drives
TRS-80 Model 2 with 8" drive
TRS-80 Pocket PC3
TRS-80 Model 100 with 3.5" disk drive
TRS-80 Coco 1
Tandy 1000HX (my 2nd computer ever)
Amstrad PPC640 portable
Sinclair ZX-81 with original box and materials
Tomy Tutor

I've thinned down the herd so to speak so I've sold much of my collection as it was taking over my house. All of my computers are functional and I've worked with each one to try recovering software from the internet and placing them on disks for these machines. Some are easier than others but it's a great learning experience.

I've been using computers since I was 12 and my Jr. High had a DEC terminal connected to a HP2000 with timeshare basic. I decided about 5 years ago to start collecting computers I've used in the past and then found myself grabbing every home computer ever created. I've since learned self control and I'm cutting down to just a handfull of my favorite computers.

I've also (like most people here) have wanted an Apple 1 but could never afford the prices they fetch so I designed a replica and I have fun with that now over most of my other machines. It's basically a functional clone so that I could get the feel of what it was like using the first Apple computer. It doesn't do graphics like an apple II but it is fun writing software on a computer you design and build yourself.

Anyways, just thought I'd say hey to everybody and I'll try and post comments from now on instead of just lurking around :shock:

Cheers,

Vince

Re: Hello collectors

vbriel said:
Ok, I've been reading posts for a while now and I'd thought now would be a good time to jump in. My name is Vince and I'm a vintage computer aholic. My current collection includes:

Apple II
Apple //gs
Apple ///
Mac SE
Mac Classic II
Commodore 64
TRS-80 Pocket PC3
TRS-80 Coco 1
Amstrad PPC640 portable
Tomy Tutor
Nice collection!
I've thinned down the herd so to speak so I've sold much of my collection as it was taking over my house. All of my computers are functional and I've worked with each one to try recovering software from the internet and placing them on disks for these machines. Some are easier than others but it's a great learning experience.

I've been using computers since I was 12 and my Jr. High had a DEC terminal connected to a HP2000 with timeshare basic. I decided about 5 years ago to start collecting computers I've used in the past and then found myself grabbing every home computer ever created. I've since learned self control and I'm cutting down to just a handfull of my favorite computers.
Yes, I had to drastically cull my collection...I know the feeling. Oh well, at least I managed to save a few of my favorites too.
I've also (like most people here) have wanted an Apple 1 but could never afford the prices they fetch so I designed a replica and I have fun with that now over most of my other machines. It's basically a functional clone so that I could get the feel of what it was like using the first Apple computer. It doesn't do graphics like an apple II but it is fun writing software on a computer you design and build yourself.
Are you going to be selling any? ...in kit form?
Anyways, just thought I'd say hey to everybody and I'll try and post comments from now on instead of just lurking around :shock:

Cheers,

Vince

Welcome...

--T

Welcome!

Welcome!

Welcome to the machine Vince!

You have some great reviews on the web I see!!!

.T.I.M

(owns Apple IIEuroplus and a fatMAC).

Re: Welcome!

Re: Welcome!

TIML said:
Welcome to the machine Vince!

You have some great reviews on the web I see!!!

.T.I.M

(owns Apple IIEuroplus and a fatMAC).

How'd you get it to work? All I get is a dns error when I click on the www icon.

--T

I miss my Mac128K although the SE has the same "feel" to it. I do offer kits so I probably one of the few 8 bit computer kits out there. If your interested you can go here since applefritter has been down:

http://www.vintagecomputer.tk

I did the replica under the Apple 1 users club and Apple washed their hands of the Apple 1 in the 70's giving the club all support and development. The site has had problems for about a week now so I have a backup site.

Some other machines I've had that I didn't want to get rid of:

IBM 5150
PC Jr. (loved the wireless keyboard)
TRS-80 Model 3
TRS-80 Model 4
TRS-80 Model 4p

More I don't even want to think about

Welcome to the VC Forums!

You've got a very nice collection, even after the "thinning."

Enjoy!

Erik

vbriel said:

Apple II
Apple //gs
Apple ///
Mac SE
Mac Classic II
Commodore 64
TRS-80 Pocket PC3
TRS-80 Coco 1
Amstrad PPC640 portable
Tomy Tutor

Cheers,

Vince

Nice collection. I have an A ][ + that I dote on with some nice add-ons
and a 512 FatMac with the "Lilac ?" board (some name like that) that adds a port for HDs and some memory, IIRC. My TRS 80 m2 is much prized.
It boots up and runs the floppies but I also have 3 of the huge 5meg HDs.
One of my ongoing "get to's" is to be able to access them. I believe they have VENIX on them. They came with the "gift" of the m.2 and other goodies some years back. a lovely machine.

I keep speaking of thinning out the herd but keep finding goodies that I can't resist. I think the thrill of many collectors is getting the box up and
running more than the functionality.
"How many computers does it take to screw in a light-bulb?"

Lawrence

vbriel said:

Apple II
Apple //gs
Apple ///
Mac SE
Mac Classic II
Commodore 64
TRS-80 Pocket PC3
TRS-80 Coco 1
Amstrad PPC640 portable
Tomy Tutor

Cheers,

Vince

Nice collection. I have an A ][ + that I dote on with some nice add-ons
and a 512 FatMac with the "Lilac ?" board (some name like that) that adds a port for HDs and some memory, IIRC. My TRS 80 m2 is much prized.
It boots up and runs the floppies but I also have 3 of the huge 5meg HDs.
One of my ongoing "get to's" is to be able to access them. I believe they have VENIX on them. They came with the "gift" of the m.2 and other goodies some years back. a lovely machine.

I keep speaking of thinning out the herd but keep finding goodies that I can't resist. I think the thrill of many collectors is getting the box up and
running more than the functionality.
"How many computers does it take to screw in a light-bulb?"

Lawrence

vbriel said:

Apple II
Apple //gs
Apple ///
Mac SE
Mac Classic II
Commodore 64
TRS-80 Pocket PC3
TRS-80 Coco 1
Amstrad PPC640 portable
Tomy Tutor

Cheers,

Vince

Nice collection! Where in ohio are you? I am in youngstown. Do you have any nice adapters on your Tandy 1000 HX? I always wanted to install some kind of HD in mine.

Hum...talking about a severe ATTACK of envy :roll: LUST :shock: ....
and some more sins.... :D

vbriel said:
I've been using computers since I was 12 and my Jr. High had a DEC terminal connected to a HP2000 with timeshare basic.

.......snip.........

I've also (like most people here) have wanted an Apple 1 but could never afford the prices they fetch so I designed a replica and I have fun with that now over most of my other machines

I assume you can be bribed.... 8) and even have some apple1 kits...????

and for the ultimate envy/lust case you do still have that hp 2000 (2116 or 2114 or whatever) don 't you?????

Drooling..... :D ,
Fabio

Back