• Total voters
Re: Beat poets AND Apple II books?

Re: Beat poets AND Apple II books?

TIML said:
Beat poets AND Apple II books?

Sounds like our kinda guy!

Perhaps we should invite them here!!!

.T.I.M

I got the impression he was selling off someone else's collection (estate?)...but still...

--T

I wrote poetry when I was younger, too. Once I made the finals for a poetry contest but it wasn't a really ligitimate one, I think it was a publicity stunt for some publishing company or something. The theme of the poem was about suicide(ttenage years, feeling much better now), so I was a little suprised when it was called "beautiful." I have a whole portfolio back in Tennessee of my ramblings. One of these days I might copyright it.

The closest I ever came to being "published" was when I had one of my poems appear in the local Community College's quarterly student poetry periodical. (My g/f at the time was a student there, and she submitted it). Not much, but it was nice to think that people actually paid to read my poem. (Ghawd, was that really 30 years ago?)...
Anyways, here's another (more recent) one that I'm quite fond of (if I do say so myself). It really is a riddle...let's see if anyone can solve it...

Riddle

Out on the water
through the dark I see
Two lonely strangers
looking back at me

I feel the call
from beneath the wave
It's getting closer now
too late to save

Two pink seashells
begin to appear
The voice of the ocean
is not in the ear

The time draws close
it isn't here yet
Hell is in the moment
we pay off the debt

A cave of pearls
lies just to the south
Silence is the only sound
coming from the mouth

The moment is here
as I slip below
A new jewel of the sea
earth never did know

--Terry Yager

That's it, kiddies...all the clues are in the poem. (I'll post the solution in a few days...mebbe...).

--T

Re: Beats, Freaks, and Punks.

TIML said:
Beats, Freaks, and punks.

As a serious socialogical study into the diverse multi-cultural backgrounds of posters, here is a little quiz and discussion:

Did other people fit you into any of these above categories?

As we all know those that weren't them were labelled them and those that called themselves them weren't them by a mile!

.T.I.M

Well at the venerable age of 67 I've been called most of them.
I like to consider myself a bohemian, but I've been a Hipster, a beatnik,
a revolutionary, a druggee, a freak, and many other classifications.
At present I simply label myself an old fart with divergent views.
And a computer collector rapidly approaching burn-out. It has indeed been a long winding road.

Lawrence

I'm still confused - what's this thread supposed to be about?!?

BTW I hate to say this, but I've never meet a straight person - there's always at least a little bend in the people I meet, which is why we ain't perfect! I think it's a joy though! :))

Cheers,
CP/M User.

Back