• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Emulator

Terry Yager

Veteran Member
I finally have my long-anticipated Model 4P. I've managed to create LS-DOS bootdisks from .DSK images with an emulator on a PC. However, some of the files I want to d/l from Ira's site are regular /CMD files, not disk images and the emulator I have won't create .DSK images from /CMD files. Anyone know of a good, free emulator that will transfer /CMD files from PC to floppy disk? Where can I find same?

--T

Glad to help, as much as I remember. I'm re-learning a lot of stuff myself. Amazing how much we cn forget, but thankfully most of it comes back pretty easily.

--T

well, here is my first question :)

how do i save to a data disk that i made?

i go into basic, write a program and then try to save it to drive 1

i use :1 to tell it to go to the other drive, but it won't save there.

if i put the data disk to drive 0 and try it, but then get an error, as it is looking for the system disk.

i do not want to save to my system disk obviously.

chris

I've done that before when I was into my TRS-80 collection. The way I got the cmd files in was using a disk image that has import and export commands. If you don't have these files I'll send them over to you after I dig them up. With these commands you import cmd files from your hard drive into the image or export the file from the image onto your hard drive. Works great but it's been a couple of years since I've done it. Let me know if you can't find the disk image with these commands on it.

Cheers,

Vince

Ok, the other thing I've been unable to find is the Model III ROM image file. As you probably know, the 4P didn't come with Mod III ROMs installed, so in order to run Mod III software on it you have to load the ROM image froom disk. If you could find a copy of that too, it'd be a big help. TNX.

--T

Back