• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

lost of books at the east end Goodwill

vic user

Veteran Member
They have quite a few computer books.

Many text books, manuals, etc.

And I think the most they charge is $1.50 !!!

I picked up 6 books for $3.25 :)

Too bad I'm in Jersey! I've found a few good titles in the goodwill stores here, but usually it's the "Windows 95 for dummies" kind of stuff.

and if there were any books here that you wanted, shipping them from me to you probably defeats the purpose of the books being cheap :)

it just blows my mind that i am buying books for .50 or .75 and they used to cost $30.00 and up.

i picked up a nice beginning book to html, and i think it will be good for my daughter and i, and we can start setting up our web space that we get with our isp

they had assembly programming books for the pc, etc.. crazy stuff

Terry Yager said:
Any Z80, 8080 or 6800 programming books? (I don't mind paying the shipping).

--T

LOL..that's what came to mind when I read vic's post, then I scrolled down. Seriously, if there are any books on programming languages (or even anything that looks close) I'd pay shipping plus a small for-your-trouble fee. I do go a bit off topic sometimes, like my latest ebay snag:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2494392036

If you find something similar to "Inside 1541" and feel like a potential whizz kid hacker, get it. You never know the day when you want to get in low detail with the drive. I'm sure you already pick up anything you can relate to and imagine having use of.

I wish I felt like a whiz kid hacker :)

Ok, I will write down the titles that are left, and if any of them really interest anyone, i will pick them up and we go from there.

i will only want actual shipping cost and cost of book, no compensation.

Hmm, I like it...Wonder what the reserve is? I think my limit is $20...at least for this one. That's the problem with ebay, you have to resist "too-neat-not-to-have" urges.

Exluddite said:
Hmm, I like it...Wonder what the reserve is? I think my limit is $20...at least for this one. That's the problem with ebay, you have to resist "too-neat-not-to-have" urges.

Well, if you do buy it, lemme know. I have Volume II of the same set that I could bear to part with cheap. It really is a good book, very thorough...

--T

Well, I put in my max bid of $20, and I'm winning at $15.50. The reserve still isn't met though. I have to wonder what this guy actually wants to get for these books.

below is a small list of some of the books saw

there are others, like some pascal books and some network books, but i ran out of time writing tem down

i just picked up a "troubleshooting and repair guide for the commdore 64" book yesterday, from that goodwill. i wish it was for the vic 20. the book is really good though, and i hope i can get access to a scanner for some length of time, as i would like to have this info available for download for people.

oracle 8 client / server
student guide 1999

the ibm pc from the inside out

turbo debugger 2.0
user's guide

turbo assembler 3.0

c++ user guide 3.11

borland resource workshop

peter nortons inside the pc
5th edition

windows 3.0 user's guide

works for windows user's guide

ms dos user's guide
1988 version 3.3

using visual basic 5

developing powerbuilder 4 applications

pc magazine dos power tools for dos 2.0 to 4.0

chris

on monday, they had "fit as many books as you can in a hand basket for $5.00" going on, so i obliged

i picked up "The TTL Data Book" by Texas Instuments, published in 1976
It is 832 pages

It is page after page of chips, and all their logic gates.

Is anyone interested in this?

Chris

Thanks for the info.

I think I will give it away then, at the next meet up. I think there are a couple of people who might appreciate it.

chris

funny you mention that, because i use my old physics and chemistry handbook from my uni. days, as a monitor stand.

it is over 8cm thick!

Ah. I have Biology (I think is the name of the book) which is in the 6-7 cm range and cost me 1000 SEK ($130-150) as new IIRC. It was required in college, and the only book we bought ourselves - the rest you get to lend from school.

Back