• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hi

drkevorkian

Hello People!

My name is Martin and I searched for a forum because I want to help/recieve help when it comes to computers. Im no king with hardware and the computer itself. Im more of a graphics person.

8)

Speaking about graphics, did Erik ever come up with a replacement logo for the Vintage Computer and this forum? If it still is recent, maybe you can help him? :)

carlsson said:
Speaking about graphics, did Erik ever come up with a replacement logo for the Vintage Computer and this forum? If it still is recent, maybe you can help him? :)

I never did come up with anything I liked.

I'm currently futzing around with some interface updates to the main website but I'm not sure how far that will go. I've got a navigation aid that I like, but it doesn't fit well with the rest of the pages and I need to do something to bring it all together nicely while still keeping things relatively simple.

Have a look at http://www.vintage-computer.com/kenbak-1_2.shtml if you're bored! :lol:

In any case, welcome to the forums, Dr. Death! :)

Erik

looking good Erik, and it works with(out) javascript.. nice!
i hate it when people use javascript for critical parts of the site or when
they shove script and flash down your throat, bring my 800mhz lappy to its knees.

nice design; It sticks to the subject at hand but looks good while doing it.
i think something too flashy would just be out of place.

I call it "Macromedia Crash Player", because that's all it does on my old ThinkPad -- completely crashed my system both times I was dumb enough to install it.
Of course, there wouldn't be much point in setting up a Vintage Computer site that could not be accessed with vintage equipment.

--T

Back