• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Agent Orange

1. Agent Orange

Buffing up my old main i7, thoughts and advice

Or, run the mem test one stick at a time.
  2. Agent Orange

Help with getting dos on a cf card with a modern pc

Is there anyway you could try that drive with maybe DOS or WIN98?
  3. Agent Orange

Help with getting dos on a cf card with a modern pc

Gordon: What formatting command did you use when attempting to do your 720K's?
  4. Agent Orange

End of the Z80?

Every one will agree that they had a nice run.
  5. Agent Orange

Core2Duo vs. Pentium D?

SP2 is a must for XP to be effective.
  6. Agent Orange

Core2Duo vs. Pentium D?

You are correct and I'm a subject of my own feeble research methods and apologize to all. What I meant to indicated was that W2K was an extension of NT and therefore not completely new technology.
  7. Agent Orange

Core2Duo vs. Pentium D?

You had better do some research on that one.
  8. Agent Orange

Core2Duo vs. Pentium D?

So was NT 4. Ran it for years on a server and desktop at work, as well as my government issued laptop. What hasten the departure from NT to XP was no or very limited USB support. The only USB device I ever encountered on NT4 was for a mouse from some hardware vendor .
  9. Agent Orange

Core2Duo vs. Pentium D?

Yes, but you're comparing a DOS based OS to a ground up Windows system. W7 is exceptionally stable and that's why I preserved and upgraded my W7 gamer to run with a Ryzen CPU. My W7 gamer can run CyberPunk 77 very nicely. Note: For the nit pickers, the GOG version of CP77 was backported to DX11...
  10. Agent Orange

Core2Duo vs. Pentium D?

Windows 2000 was merely a NT 4 upgrade with a kernel based on MSDOS and earlier Windows iterations. It was initially going to be released as NT 5. No one is questioning its stability with but its future usefulness, as being DOS based, ensured its downfall. XP was/is a resounding worldwide...
  11. Agent Orange

Core2Duo vs. Pentium D?

How so? One of the best and most stable OS's of all time for my buck.
  12. Agent Orange

Core2Duo vs. Pentium D?

Hi Hunter, how goes it? Don't know about the Kool-Aid, but the Captain & Coke here on the sand at Ft. Meyers Beach is pretty good. Thanks for asking. Little more about W11. Right before I left home on vacation, my 14 month old Asus gamer took a dump, just out of warranty, I suspect it's the...
  13. Agent Orange

Core2Duo vs. Pentium D?

Not to be disparaging, but you have no proper insight as to what you speak. In my experience, and when properly installed, it is nearly equal in performance with W7, at least in the gaming arena. Take some time to learn how to setup and use W11 properly. I can speak with some authority as I have...
  14. Agent Orange

Core2Duo vs. Pentium D?

It seems fashionable here to bash W11. W11 is a modern OS and is designed to be used on modern equipment. When you attempt run W11 on one of your old dogs, it like bolting a 6-speed auto trans out of a Corvette to a Model A with a 4 cylinder flat head.
Back