• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by alfadb4004

1. alfadb4004

Mid Atlantic Serial Mice

Will buy mouse #3 and mouse #5. TX
  2. alfadb4004

Tektronix 4051 vintageTEK.org 4051 MaxiROM Pack

Thank you for updating this ROM pack. I have the 4952 joystick and curious which ROM supports the drawing capabilities of the 4501?
  3. alfadb4004

Apricot FP/Portable

The ACT Apricot Portable had some basic form of speech recognition/control in 1984. Wow. ACT deserves more kudos for their industrial design work in the early 1980s. Curious - did you get that mouse/trackball to work? I have one but missing driver/utilities.
  4. alfadb4004

Mr. Wizard demonstrates drawing on a Vectrex computer with a light pen in 1983

Ha Mr. Wizard! That Vectrex GCE pen was indeed early (did not know until you posted Mr. Wizard video). I recall two others around the same time: Gibson and Symtec. More historical context: http://vectrexmuseum.com/vectexlightpen.php
  5. alfadb4004

OEMs & clones on eBay (continuous listings)

Indeed...I never heard of the Victor and now realize it was a Chuck Peddle creation (Sirius 1 / ACT lineage). This eBay item seems to be in excellent condition.
  6. alfadb4004

Bernoulli / IOmega ** 8" ** Drives ... Any user / owner on this Forum ???

I have both the 8" 10mb and 20mb carts, and the drive cleaning kits. I am in the middle of refurbishing a couple of Alpha drives.
  7. alfadb4004

IOMega Bernoulli Project

Thanks for uploading v4.6, v4.7 to fetus. Appreciate it. I also have a Bernoulli Box 10+10 CDS/PC-20 and working to refurbish it. My box did not come with a utility disk...(driver, utility programs). Does v4.6 or v4.7 support this old 1983 box?
  8. alfadb4004

Direct Messages: unable to create a new one

Thank you for the clarification! Makes sense to maintain community quality.
  9. alfadb4004

Direct Messages: unable to create a new one

Hi. First thank you for putting in the effort to migrate the Forums to this new platform. Much appreciated. Minor: In the migration, I lost the ability to create new "Direct Messages" to other Forum users. I had this ability on the old platform and used it for over a year with good success...
  10. alfadb4004

Missing conversation content in /forum/privatemessage/view

In Message Center (/forum/privatemessage/index), when I select a message conversation, the web page (/forum/privatemessage/view/1205490?folderid=29019) does not show the message content from the other user in the conversation. This has now occurred for 3 messages. I know the messages have...
  11. alfadb4004

WTB: computer mice from 1970s to early 1980s

I recently repaired a Xerox Star mouse and an Apple Lisa mouse. I enjoyed the experience even though it was a steep learning curve for me :-). I am now on the lookout for more mice (broken preferred) from the 1970s to the early 1980s. I am also interested in stories, useful articles, and in...
  12. alfadb4004

Colby Walkmac 1st generation portable for sale (eBay listing)

Spotted on eBay...a first generation Colby Walkmac portable (Macintosh conversion from the 1980s). https://www.ebay.com/itm/Macintosh-Conversion-Walkmac-from-Colby-Systems-Working/193747790896. Appears to be in surprisingly great condition, seller has cleaned, lubricated, tested it.
Back