• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Anonymous Freak

1. A

IBM PS/1 "Adapter Card Unit" front bezel?

Longshot, but does anyone have an IBM PS/1 "Adapter Card Unit" front bezel spare? Or at least one they can get high quality photos of all sides so I can 3D print a replacement? I got a PS/1 2121 with both the 5.25" drive expansion and the ISA card expansions, but the ISA expansion chassis is...
  2. A

How do you organize your stuff while keeping it accessible/usable?

How do I do it? Badly. :-D They're all in the basement. I have a "workbench" area where I keep a few machines "ready to use" (right now it's an Apple IIgs, an IBM PCjr, and a Macintosh Performa 640CD DOS Compatible.) The workbench area has a bunch of drawers that hold disks. Next to the...
  3. A

Wanted: Hayes Smartmodem 300, 1200, 2400

How about a Zoom 2400?... ;) No, in seriousness, how about a "Hayes Pocket Edition 2400" mobile Hayes SmartModem? Powered solely by the carrier voltage on the phone line.
  4. A

Cheap "Iffy" Compact Macs

Time to pare down the collection... I have a few compact Macs that are in need of some TLC, but boot. Sometimes. Plus - platinum, 2.5 MB RAM, missing battery door. Fairly yellowed (I thought it was a beige for a while!) keyboard's "-" key stem is broken (I have a completely-broken Plus...
  5. A

NeXTstation Turbo, MegaPixel display, CD-ROM, laser printer. - $800

As detailed in my PC 5150 for sale thread, I'm getting rid of some of the machines that just don't hold my interest as much as I would think. This is a NeXTstation Turbo (68040 @ 33 MHz,) 8 MB RAM (I believe I'm remembering properly, might be 16 MB.) Includes original (grayscale) MegaPixel...
  6. A

IBM PC 5150 with CGA & MDA cards and displays, MANY extras - $600

A IBM PC 5150, with 512 KB RAM, dual 360 KB floppies, original IBM CGA and MDA cards, serial+parallel adapter, 5151 and 5153 displays (MDA and CGA displays) with no burn in, original model F keyboard, lots of software, original documentation and disks, original boxes (one monitor box doesn't...
  7. A

Portland Retro Gaming Expo - this coming weekend 10/21-23 2016

http://www.retrogamingexpo.com Obviously gaming-focused, but very retro. Rooms of vintage arcade machines, home video game consoles, and yes, PC games. Many good speakers, including Ben Heck and the finders of the "Nintendo PlayStation" and "8-bit Guy" David Murray. (Moderator's note: This...
  8. A

Amiga 1000 loaded on eBay - NOT MINE

Well, this one is going to skyrocket far above my pay grade, even if I don't post it here, so might as well post it! www.ebay.com/itm/282199984438 Seller doesn't even know what all is there, but it seems to have a RAM upgrade, SCSI, external 5.25" floppy drive, two modems, two mice, a pair of...
  9. A

Original IBM ThinkPad on FleaBay - NOT MINE

It sat at $45 until it had 24 hours to go. 13 hours left, and it's up to $127. http://www.ebay.com/itm/232092590422 Yup, the original "ThinkPad", before it had a model number. With original PenPoint OS, original packaging, and nearly every original accessory (except the floppy drive - which is...
  10. A

Hyperventilating - Just brought home PC 5150 in original boxes from original owner

Oh, and after doing some digging, the APL ROM is just a "font replacement" ROM. It contains both the standard IBM ROM font, as well as an APL font for use when running their APL interpreter. (Which is *NOT* in ROM, it's still just BASIC on ROM; you need to run the DOS program for it.) First...
  11. A

Hyperventilating - Just brought home PC 5150 in original boxes from original owner

And in playing Kings Quest II, and comparing CGA composite to PCjr native support, CGA composite looks better! As a kid, we only had a TTL CGA monitor, and I didn't even know about CGA composite mode until I no longer had a CGA system. So this is my first experience seeing actual CGA composite...
  12. A

Three. THREE! THREE DISPLAYS! Yes, rather silly, I know. But I figured why not throw a composite CGA display on, too?
  13. A

Okay, went and booted it up during my break again. Here you go, running Windows on dual monitors! (Okay, the DOS prompt is displaying on one, and Windows on the other.) Sadly, I forgot about the need to move some jumpers on the motherboard to have it recognize the third floppy drive, so...
  14. A

Alright, took a few pics on my lunch break. Main PC unit and keyboard in original boxes stacked on top of each other. Vaguely visible are the shipping labels that sent it to the seller's employer, then to him. Inside of unit, showing top of floppy disk drives and expansion cards. Close-up...
  15. A

Found on Craigslist - he was severely over-asking, but after emailing back and forth, he admitted he did it solely to weed out people who don't actually appreciate the system as a historical artifact, -'d sold it for far less. What it includes is amazing though, and probably was worth his...
Back