• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by AteEm

1. A

I screwed up!

Fell victim to eBay's "one-click" buy:oops: I've been looking for a line printer board for quite awhile and saw the magenta handles, the four 'tabs' on the PWB edge and hit 'buy it"....well, it turns out it's an M7258 and I have a PDP-8! Well, it was only $30. So, even though it will plug into...
  2. A

32K RAM board up and running in my 8m

Earlier this year I purchased the 32K RAM board kit that Vince was offering (http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?42158-Group-buy-for-32K-RAM-board-for-the-PDP-8-e-8-f-8-m-and-8-a-ends-March-31st). I finally got around to assembling it:D Anyway, after some incredible stupidity...
  3. A

My 8m passes the Chess.bin test....I didn't!

You bet! DeepOrange will be making the first move at noon PST tomorrow. Here's a cameo shot of 'your competition':
  4. A

My 8m passes the Chess.bin test....I didn't!

Well, after fixing a few issues with my 8m after it's 5 year hibernation and successfully running diagnostics I decided to have a little 'fun.' I downloaded Chess from bitsavers and, after figuring out I had to strip off garbage at the beginning of the 'tape' in order to load it without a...
  5. A

KME-8 (Memory Extension M837) - A little HELP please!

While my 8m passes all the MAINDEC processor diagnostics, it appears I've got problems with the Extended Memory control board in that while Field 0 is good to go (passes the checkerboard testing), I can't access Field 1 (the second 4K). I have the 3 board all-in-one 8K core memory, not two 4K...
  6. A

Dumb OS/8 question

Up front, I plead ignorance and laziness:) My PDP8a came with a single RL01 drive and one cartridge with OS8. Since I'm going to try and run the RL01 on my PDP8m I decided to pick up another cartridge on Ebay and not risk wiping out my OS8 disk. So, the 'new' disk cartridge arrived today and it...
  7. A

Can I run an RL02 on a PDP-8/M???

I have a working PDP-8/M and PDP-8/A. The 8/A has an RL8A controller running an RL02 drive. My goal is to run TSS/8 (Time Share System 8) on the /M to be able to play Lunar Lander:) The thing is, I don't have any drive on the /M so there's no way to run any OS. So, it looks like the RL8A...
  8. A

Wtb: Asr-33

I know, probably hopeless. They built zillions of them; why are they so hard to find??:confused: I'm in southern California,... but would consider paying shipping from parts unkown. My PDP-8M needs an authentic terminal! Hooking it up to my PeeC just ain't right.
  9. A

Can't believe I didn't find this forum sooner!

Hi all, Just stumbled across this forum tonight and joined right up! Looks like a wealth of info and knowledgeable members. I'm a DEC fan as I 'grew up' on them in middle and high school; PDP-8/E running TSS/8. ASR33 with 110 baud acoustic modems... ah, those were heady days:D I've restored...
Back