• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by ATSystems

1. A

RetroBrite I have never use it.

I use a regionally different but chemically identical product to blackepyon with good results but I built an exposure box to add some consistency to the process and to avoid the sun drying things out and the inevitable blooming that comes with. I can do a full 17" CRT shell in this thing, its a...
  2. A

Wanted - Literally any graphics cards with a Chips and Tech 65550 chipset.

Howdy party people, Just like it says on the box, on the hunt for at least one, but hopefully, two or three, graphics cards featuring a CT65550 chipset. I've just decommissioned a bunch of 133MHz 486 embedded boards out of a client site which have everything but the GFX chipset, VRAM and some...
  3. A

Micronta 22-214A analog multimeter

Try telling that to my colleagues. I still get all sorts of funny looks when they see these things sitting side by side on my desk.
  4. A

Zenith ZFL-181-92 Clock Battery Replacement

I've seen that thread, I have remember me checked (everywhere I go, not just here). There are however a slew of hits indicating it's a problem with a styles update that happened years ago. It triggered on my abbreviated post above as well, around 4 minutes after a log out/back in to verify I did...
  5. A

Osborne I - no disk drive response

Your quick test idea is solid, shorting pin 3 and 15 should do the trick.
  6. A

Attachments attachments attachments!

Howdy forum gods. As I just discovered over here it seems one cannot post a PDF larger than 48KB to a thread. This is kind of a bummer, I deliberately did a full second page of generic Apple disk labels so anyone who stumbled across the thread could snatch them up and print them out if they...
  7. A

Apple Lisa Floppy Disk Avery label templetes???

So it turns out one can only upload a maximum 48kb PDF as a post attachment, and one cannot attach a PDF to a private message, so not only do any interested bystanders miss out one some LEGENDARY generic Apple disk labels, I also don't seem to have a convenient way of sending them to KLund1...
  8. A

Apple Lisa Floppy Disk Avery label templetes???

So these bad boys yeah? Will have a play later this evening.
  9. A

Yo admins, do we have Fakebook integration?

My man, exactly what I'm running on all my machines via ublock, but it's only this laptop that I'm seeing the buttons on. explorer.exe is chewing all the CPU time and procexp64 won't even run when this thing is redlining, which makes me think something nasty is going on in the background. The...
  10. A

Yo admins, do we have Fakebook integration?

Howdy admins, I have weird things going on with one of my laptops, can I just confirm that VCF does not use fakeook integration, and if I am seeing pic related under every topic, it's likely time to nuke my drive from orbit and start again? I can find no other signs of malware to explain the...
  11. A

1000 RLX volume potentiometer broke - Help

For the record, all potentiometers, like all electronic components, have their values stamped or printed on them somewhere. A visual inspection of the part should always give you your answer.
  12. A

Toshiba T4700CT display issue, dead floppy drive

Hmm, so it does. As irrelevant as it is now, here it is for posterity's sake. Percussive maintenance at it's finest. I'd still at minimum reseat the ends of the cable if you're comfortable tearing it down, might be a touch of corrosion in there causing drama. Whats the problem with the...
  13. A

Anyone Australians here from the Apple Isle?

Howdy forum, just putting the feelers out for now, I may be about to jump on a purchase in Launceston Tasmania, is there anyone here who would be able to pick up, pack and ship a unit if the seller is not that way inclined? Appropriate payment will be made for fuel/postage/your choice of...
  14. A

PET 8032 Resurrection Help!

Indeed it is, but you can see the heater if you look in sideways from where the arrow indicates. These screws? The whole lid should lift up and off once they are removed, it might be a little stuck due to being in the same spot for years but don't be afraid to apply a little muscle. Wise to...
  15. A

Inventory Management

Howdy guys and girls, I have slowly been harvesting up hardware, cards, cases, all sorts of guff over the past 5 or so years. As I posted in the introductory thread, trying to remember what I actually had, I basically cast my eye around the garage and posted whatever fell under my gaze...
Back