• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Benson86

1. Benson86

Restoring Packard Bell Legend - need help with with multiplexor IC replacement

Thanks! Certainly the closest I've seen, the datasheets look pretty much the same and the pinouts look the same. Went ahead and ordered 5 of them in case I mess any up soldering. Fingers crossed
  2. Benson86

Restoring Packard Bell Legend - need help with with multiplexor IC replacement

Working on restoring a Legend 1148. The machine overall is in super nice shape. But of course there's been some battery leakage, fortunately it was only in one small spot, but that spot totally toasted an IC. It's a 74F151A chip. I can find datasheets for it all over the place, but cant for...
  3. Benson86

The South A few old cards, PCI Capture, VLB Orchid and EISA SCSI w/ Cache card

That's fair, I do have the CFG files for it so I know it works. If it was ISA id prob hang on to it just because it's so neat, but your right EISA is a bit of a niche. Thanks for the link! I wish the card had composite in instead of just svideo. Could be cool as a retro gaming capture card...
  4. Benson86

Best/Recommended DOS Emulator?

x86box is fantastic. I like it because I can set it up exactly like my actual hardware and try things before having to mess with the actual stuff. Also im kinda shocked that no has mentioned Dosbox yet... is there a reason for that? If all one wants is a basic dos emulator that seems like the...
  5. Benson86

It's a pretty neat card, I imagine it must have cost a fortune back in the day lol. Since no one on here seems to have any use for it, if I went to list it on eBay how would you guys recommend I title it? Just AMI Caching SCSI controller card? Is $100 a fair price for it?
  6. Benson86

Kaypro Personal Computer

Awesome love the setup! That monitor looks great with it. And they are to my knowledge 360k drives and can make working backups of real 360k floppies, I think they 286i version came with the 1.2mb drives but those are even more rare than the Personal Computer lol.
  7. Benson86

And I just realized I said it's an Adaptec in my original post which im sure adds to the confusion and now I cant edit, oops. Anyone looking at this it is indeed an AMI not an Adaptec card.
  8. Benson86

Do you have any data on that or photos? Certainly open to being wrong I thought it could be something like that at first. But everything seems to point to it being a SCSI cashing card. I looked up the FCC ID and that just said SCSI controller, and the AMI SCSI Config Utility when testing it...
  9. Benson86

Have a few cards I dont need anymore, willing to sell individually but if someone want them all that would be awesome shot me an offer! Shipping anywhere in the US would be like $10 but outside of the US would be on the buyer im not an international shipping expert. Card 1: VLB Orchid 9000...
  10. Benson86

IBM PS/2 Model 25 Not Posting, not sure where to start

Do you guys know where I would go about getting a set of replacement roms for it? I dont own any flashing equipment, I know that might not be a bad investment at some point but can't really justify it right now. It's certainly something I would try if I knew where to get them.
  11. Benson86

I have retried reseating it a few times to no avail. Well, 8086's are cheap, I guess ill give a replacement a shot. If that doesn't work ill probably just move on from it at that point lol. Appreciate all the help so far guys (y)
  12. Benson86

Update, finally got the post code reader in. Its not posting any codes whatsoever unfortunately. Idk the board just seems dead its really strange. I can't figure out why it would be completely dead and not even attempting to post if the board and everything is getting power. I know a dead...
  13. Benson86

The South KayPro PC/XT Clone in nice working condition

Wanted to share my somewhat rare KayPro that I have for sale, just dont see a whole ton of these around especially in this kind of shape and working really well. Ill link to my eBay listing since that has all the detailed info/pics and a short video. But my eBay price includes ebay fees and...
Back