• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by billdeg

1. billdeg

THESYS Memory Products ( ASSY 0000455300 ) IDE controller Manual Wanted

Does anyone have the operations manual with jumpers/settings for the THESYS Memory Products ( ASSY 0000455300 ) IDE controller? It's a Korean multi-purpose board for the XT-class computer, produced in 1985, full length, with RAM, battery, and various port options. It also has an annoying...
  2. billdeg

May 20 Swap and Hack-a-thon @ Kennett Classic (Between Baltimore and Philadelphia)

Kennett Classic May 20th hack-a-thon and Swap May 20th, 2023 | 9AM – 11PM 115 S. Union St. Kennett Square, Pennsylvania 19348 (Hack-a-thon is in our large workspace "The Garage" across the street from the museum) Plenty of room for everyone, tables, chairs and power supplied. REGISTER NOW TO...
  3. billdeg

My Computer Obsession

I have a lot of disk images for that machine on vintagecomputer.net. They're .D80's so you'll need either an 8050 drive or a emulator device of some sort.
  4. billdeg

My Computer Obsession

Speaking of B, what model B series is that in two of the photos?
  5. billdeg

Pairing a model ASR 33 Teletype with an Altair or IMSAI

The only system I have up and running with a Teletype at the moment is a PDP 11/05 with BASIC in core and a M9312 with ROM monitor. It's relatively easy to start BASIC with this set up.
  6. billdeg

Looking for storage for PDP 8

You know, you could use a Teletype if your code is not too large. Does your system have core memory or solid state?
  7. billdeg

It's in my current batch of three projects to get a Teletype working as program storage for an IMSAI running with a VDM-1 and Processor Tech. GPM board (with CUTER ROM).
  8. billdeg

Does anyone here have a dedicated pairing of their Altair or IMSAI with a Teletype as described in the 1975/6 manuals? I realize most people have some sort of emulated storage or CP/M disk set up. The issue for me is the lack of non-volitile RAM (no core). As a result one has to load long...
  9. billdeg

DEC RK05 decpacs

Sharing a pic from my basement.
  10. billdeg

IMSAI 8080 at the Rhode Island Computer Museum

I probably have it.
  11. billdeg

IMSAI 8080 at the Rhode Island Computer Museum

Did you find the 4K RAM board manual?
  12. billdeg

Got any photos of inside computer stores from back in the day?

I have attached a pic from a slideshow I have from the IBM Customer Center in Philadelphia, around 1981-82
  13. billdeg

Kennett Classic Spring Event May 20th

Vintage Hack-a-thon / swap loose fun event. We have a growing community of hobbyists in the south-eastern PA / north MD / Delaware area, if you're from the area please plan to visit. Bring your computer project, swap items, etc. Mark your calendars: Saturday May 20th 9AM-? Please contact...
  14. billdeg

Sept 25th 2021 Kennett Classic Updates

Only 9 days until the 2nd-annual Kennett Classic URL for more info: https://www.kennettclassic.com/ Download flyer: https://www.kennettclassic.com/kc2/kennett-classic-flyer-KC-II.pdf WHAT: Our yearly event to celebrate another year of operations. WHERE: 115 S. Union St. Kennett Square, PA...
  15. billdeg

Checking in after a long hiatus

Hi everyone. It has been two years since we launched Kennett Classic. Things continue to move along nicely and I am hoping that some of you here might be interested in the event we're having, "Kennett Classic v 1.9" on September 25th. I posted the flyer in the Events section, but more generally...
Back