• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Bitly's latest activity

• B
    Bitly replied to the thread Battery-bombed MicroVAX 3100/90.
    Depends on your patience and level of skill. It looks like most of the Cypress parts and at least two DIMM sockets will have to be...
  • B
    Bitly replied to the thread Booting PDP from VAX.
    Disclaimer: I know nothing about this subject. If memory serves, certain 11/23 CPUs contain boot ROMs that know how to control a DEQNA...
  • B
    Bitly replied to the thread LQP02 Troubleshooting.
    I can't find any documentation online for the LQP02 (schematics, etc). If you have hardcopies please scan them so they can be added to...
  • B
    Both those options should work electrically. I didn't check the physical size. CW
  • B
    Unfortunately, I've already put them away. I'm in the process of painting, so everything is piled under tarps. I did look at an older...
  • B
    I looked at one of my 3100s, and I have the same board. On closer inspection, I believe the component is an old style tantalum capacitor...
  • B
    Puzzling. The M38 should have a KA42 motherboard, but it doesn't match the component locations in the online documents. Perhaps it's a...
  • B
    What model 3100? The KA42 schematics are on bitsavers (here), but they don't match the component locations shown in your picture. CW
  • B
    Bitly replied to the thread DEC RA92 Troubleshooting.
    The spindle lock may not be unlocking. Check the manual page 6-20 to see how to bypass. CW
  • B
    The B indicates it is an optional software component. See DEC Standard section 21. Curiously, BI-xxxxx isn't listed. CW
  • B
    Bitly replied to the thread Keyboard-less VT10x terminals.
    Some of the Chinese PCB houses will assemble for a reasonable price. Others here have gone that route with good results. CW
  • B
    The MSV11-R schematics are part of the 11/84 print set (MP-02015), and they list two xx47xx capacitor options: 0.47uF 25V Ceramic (20%)...
Back