• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by BitWiz

1. BitWiz

What did I do to my PDP-8 today.

Congrats. I wish I could get mine to work. That is an interesting front panel on your 8/e where is it from?
  2. BitWiz

RK05 disk emulator development and discussion

If the sector and track indexes arrived too quickly then the controller would get confused I presume. It would still be faster than a standard RK05. On of the biggest issue in replacing the DF32/RP08 with the RK05 is that the fix head hard disks are byte addressable and can read/write from 0...
  3. BitWiz

George, One suggestion for your emulator. I don't know if you have any delays in your code to more accurately emulate the RK05. I was thinking that if there is a version of the firmware that runs as fast as the RK05 interface allows, this could be used as the swap drive for TSS/8. There is...
  4. BitWiz

Help! I've Fallen Down a Rabbit Hole and Can't Get up!

I'm sorry but I beg to differ with you one complex instruction sets vs simple ones. The PDP-8 is probably the simplest instruction set of all. With only 6 memory reference instructions, a set of micro instructions and a set of I/O instructions it is the penultimate of simple. If you look at...
  5. BitWiz

Looking for PDP-8/L front panel specifications

If anyone needs the specs or pics I have a PDP-8/I front panel "glass". Unfortunately I don't have the electronics to go with it. I'm hoping to get it setup with my second PiDP-8/I but the issue would be the switches. Does anyone have a PDP-8/I front panel I can use at the front of my PiDP-8/I???
  6. BitWiz

Overview site - PDP-1/8/10/11 replicas

Oscar, Kudos on the fantastic work. Once again I would like to throw the PDP-12 as one of your projects. Keep up the good work, Mike
  7. BitWiz

PDP10 / DECsystem emulation?

Here is Oscar's PiDP-10 powered by a Raspberry Pi inside. https://hackaday.io/project/170111-pidp-10
  8. BitWiz

George, Very very impressive. Thank you for all of your efforts. Mike
  9. BitWiz

Looking for dec-08-aj4e-pb

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.
  10. BitWiz

Vince, I also found three copies of that file on my clone of your website. They are all different sizes: 143 bytes 144 bytes 150 bytes I have attached all three to this message. The directory path is : SoMuchStuff\trunk\pdp8\shadb\src\dec\dec-08-aj4\ I hope this helps. Mike
  11. BitWiz

Vince, I have DEC-08-AJ1E-PB as an actual paper tape. I have three of them, if you would like one, please let me know i can send it to you. Mike
  12. BitWiz

Keyboard-less VT10x terminals

The RP2040 is a dual core 133MHz Coretex M0+, 264K of RAM with 8 separate PIO processors for under a dollar in small quantities. You could use the 1 PIO processor to handle the Terminal keyboard signaling and one to handle the PS/2 signaling and the CPU to do all sorts of translations and...
  13. BitWiz

Pm me for my address. Unless you are going to be in the Chicago area or near by and we can meet...

Pm me for my address. Unless you are going to be in the Chicago area or near by and we can meet somewhere in between.
Back