• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by bretwashere

1. B

Macintosh IIsi Power Issues (Already recapped)

Hi everyone. Thank you for the replies. I haven’t had time this week yet to review everything, but I will do that soon.
  2. B

A little update: I spent the rest of the evening looking at a schematic of the power button to rule out the power button. I traced the power button continuity correctly to R148, and its continuity is correct on the 68HC05 chip, pin 25. So I highly doubt it’s the power button.
  3. B

Hello, I have a Macintosh IIsi, which up until recently was working completely fine. It does not power on, and I don’t hear any signs of life coming from the power supply. The computer has already undergone maintenance on the motherboard as far as a full recap on the motherboard, and I...
  4. B

A500 Internal Floppy not working after installing boot selector

Hello, I recently purchased a DF0/DF1 Boot Selextor that is installed in the Even CIA socket. The boot selector is configured to boot to DF1, which is an external Gotek. The external floppy emulator is working correctly as it shows up as DF0. My issue is that the internal floppy drive no...
  5. B

PurpleROM Issues on IIsi

Hello! Thank you for the suggestion! I got stuck the other night, as I extracted all the EEPROM chips and individually read the ROMs via my flash programmer. I didn’t really understand how these custom ROMs are built, and was confused regarding them being split four times (512k each totaling...
  6. B

PurpleROM Issues on IIsi

Thank you. I did blow the connector with compressed air, but I’ll try deoxit and post back.
  7. B

PurpleROM Issues on IIsi

Hello all! I am seeking help and asked this question on a Facebook Group and didn’t get any replies. I bought a purple ROM for my IIsi, as I would like to customize the ROM on the machine. After installing it and placing a jumper on W1, I cannot get the machine to boot with lines, or a...
Back