• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by BrunoD

1. B

Sun 3/60 power supply

Hi, the magic smoke just escaped from my Sun 3/60 power supply. I took out the main board and removed the plastic cover from the chassis but then I'm stuck: the power supply seems to be riveted to the chassis. I already looked at some sites (bitsavers, sun3zoo, sun3arc, ...) and those never...
  2. B

Nixdorf Computer Museum - Paderborn Germany

I went to the Nixdorf Computer Museum in Germany today. It took me a 4-hour drive and I was a bit disappointed for several reasons: - It's targeted at people who know little about computer history so it gives a general image of the history without entering into tech details. That doesn't seem...
  3. B

Looking for old Sun equipment

I'm looking for old Sun Microsystems machines. I have most Sparc-based models but am still missing a few to complete the collection, mostly all-in-ones. I would really like to find some Sun 3 systems, they are really rare here. If anyone has one (or more of course ;) ) and you're willing to...
  4. B

DEC Computer Lab Workbook

I bought a book called Digital Computer Lab Workbook (see photo). Does anybody know about the piece of hardware shown on the cover? PDP-8's are pretty rare in Belgium, but I have never even seen this thing before. As far as I understood from reading a few pages in the book, it should be mainly...
  5. B

IBM Portable 5155 for sale - broke

I would love to have a 5155 but they are pretty pricey in Belgium. Now I found this one on eBay for 75 Euro (ca 100 USD): http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400157022338&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT The seller describes it like this "Computer powers up, but that's really all it...
  6. B

Looking to hook up a monitor to Sun 3/60

Hi, I just bought a Sun 3/60. Its video output consists of 4 bnc connectors (RGB + sync). I have a cable (actually 4 coax cables with bnc connectors loosely kept together) but no monitor. I have been looking around and found some crt's with 5 bnc connectors. As far as I know these are RGB +...
  7. B

Intertec System 10

Hi, I was able to obtain an Intertec System 10. According to the guy who sold it, it is a S-100 bus machine, it has 2 8" floppies and runs CP/M. There is no keyboard or screen, it is operated by a separate terminal (Lear-Siegler ADM-3A; included). I have been looking all over the internet but...
Back