• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by bttr

1. bttr

good text editor for DOS

Just in case: "The SemWare® Editor is now freeware." So one can download the 1997 DOS version 2.50e for free. Also available are (free) versions for Windows and Linux.
  2. bttr

Screen Painter

No! Waste of energy. Much better.
  3. bttr

Got CF cards to work on Tidalwave palmtop

Hi dreNorteR! This all sounds very interesting, but I only understand half of what you are doing and don't know how to help. :( Regards
  4. bttr

What are you guys using for retroprogramming?

Most times I do DOS development on a 32-bit Windows XP virtual machine inside VirtualBox running on Linux Mint 20.x MATE. ;) Compiler are: DJGPP, OW, NASM or other assembler dialects, Turbo Pascal. Editors: Notepad 2e, FED, TP IDE. Testing is done in Windows XP NTVDM itself...
  5. bttr

Minimum TSR size in various DOS versions?

I think so, yes. I read something similar yesterday or the day before, but can't find the URL now. IIRC, Volkov Commander's Memory Info should also show 112 bytes. Some developers say, that the MCB is part of the operating system and as such should be excluded from the size of a program. I...
  6. bttr

Got CF cards to work on Tidalwave palmtop

What cards and adapters did you use? I own two Highscreen Handy Organizers and would like to test this.
  7. bttr

HP OmniBook 800CT support utilities

Hi! I'm the proud owner of two 800CTs: One with a P100 and 16MB RAM, the other with P166MMX and 48MB RAM. Recently I fiddled around with the OmniBook Support Utility Disk and found three tiny tools there: DOCK.COM, EXTFLOP.COM, and IDE.COM DOCK.COM source code: CSEG RS 100h ; --- Read...
  8. bttr

TI Avigo 10 users?

Anyone out there, who still uses this nice PDA? :)
Back