• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by BuggZ

1. B

8088 Clone

Not a 5160 case as there is no IBM identification anywhere inside or outside. Also has slightly different power supply than 5160. I believe it was a 5160 clone that someone "Frankensteined" at some point since it has the wide black backplane Video and Floppy controller cards out of a 5150...
  2. B

8088 Clone

Picked up what appeared to be a 5150 today. Upon closer inspection the system appears to be a 5150 clone with a IBM Personal Computer top cover on it. The system came with a working 5151 monitor and IBM 83-key keyboard. It has a full length IBM Black and White Parallel and a floppy controller...
  3. B

Help with IBM PCJr Monitor

I have an IBM PCJr system that was in storage for about 4 Years. I also have a spare PCJr without the keyboard. When the movers delivered the system I set it up to check everything but I couldn't get anything on the monitor. It was working before the storage company movers packed it up and...
  4. B

Latest Barn Find

I found a Tandy 1000 in a barn this week while looking at some old cars. After cleaning the crud out the BIOS chip fell out as all the pins were corroded. Do you think it is salvageable?
  5. B

Wanted: HP OmniBook 4000CT Display Assembly

I am looking for the display assembly for an HP Omnibook 4000CT laptop. The laptop was damaged by the movers during my move back to the US and I need to get the display panel assembly parts to repair it. I don't need a good LCD as mine is still functional, I just really need the front and rear...
  6. B

Vintage Computer Values

I recently moved back to the US. When the movers delivered my stuff, I found several computer items were damaged due to some questionable packing/loading on the movers part. I have to file a claim for the damage but the moving company’s claim office doesn’t seem to see the value in vintage...
  7. B

Good finds are still out there

Checked out an Estate Sale while traveling in Texas recently. They had advertised early game consoles, so I thought it would be worth a trip to see what else the had. Scored an early 5150, 3 later 5150s, a 5151 monichrome display and 3 5153 color displays. Also got the DOS 2.1 manual and...
  8. B

Pending Home Sale Forces Sale of Projects

Second up is a Kaypro II. The CRT may be defective but not sure. The CRT has a small chip in the face of the screen. When power is applied to the Kaypro there is a buzzing/chirping sound from the area of the CRT / HVPS. The floppy sound like they are spinning momentarily but no image is...
  9. B

Pending Home Sale Forces Sale of Projects

I have to part with some of my project machines that I had stored in my house in Texas. My father-in-law was living in the house but passed away in March and now the house is for sale so I have to clear out all my excess equipment. The first thing up is a Commodore Pet 4032. The system shows...
  10. B

Non-working Commodore Pet 4032

Have to part with some of my project machines that I had stored in my house in Texas. My father-in-law was living in the house but passed away in March and now the house is for sale so I have to clear out all excess equipment. The first thing up is a Commodore Pet 4032. The system shows power...
  11. B

Need Video card switch settings.

I 'm trying to find the switch settings for a specific video card. It is an 8-bit card with KS-750V/3100V printed just above the ISA connector. It has a Cirrus Logic CL-GD610 chipset and has connectors for an internal LCD along with external 9-pin and 15-pin video connectors. It is from a...
  12. B

Thinning out my stash

I've decided to thin out my collection and stash of spare parts. I'll be adding things to the lists as I go through more of my stuff and decide what I really want to keep. Some of the items are vintage but I also have items up to the P4 era. If you are looking for something that is not on the...
  13. B

AS/400 Terminal Problem

I've never worked with an IBM AIX system before so today I decided to set up my AS/400 that I had acquired a while back. I have the 3197-D10 terminal display and the TWINAX cabling and distribution box. I connected the display to the AS/400 and powered the display on first and got a loud...
  14. B

Offered here before going on ebay

I have two XT class systems that I thought I would offer here before I put them on ebay. The first is a Schneider PC1512 HD20 (a rebadged Amstrad PC1512) The system has a 360k and 720k floppy and a 20M HD. According to Wikipedia the processor is an 8086 but I have not disassembled the...
  15. B

Dell 425s/L BIOS

I have a Dell 425s/L 486 system that was working fine until recently. I powered it up one day and received the following message "System BIOS is damaged. Reloading from diskette in Drive A:..." It then attempts to read from the A drive. I searched Dell's support site and finally found the...
Back